“slipping”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Pleasantville, New York
“slipping”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

At one time we used to order from here every monday and they knew your preferences and your name and face. The food was great and we enjoyed mostly everything we ordered with a few ok ones here and there. In recent years I can say that the ok outweighs the good and it is not so good.

We had not ordered from here in about a year and my wife decided she would want something from here rather than the competitor in town. We sat down to eat at home and honestly everything we had was lacking in flavor. I had ordered a shrimp dish from the competitor which came with rice. Their rice was far superior to the rice that came from Magic Wok.

It is kind of sad for me to write this because I do not have any ill will at all for Alice and her family. I just want to let people know. It does not mean I will not try again, because I will. But it will be a while before it happens

Visited December 2013

Pleasantville, New York
“Good Traditional Chinese Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the Chinese food your parents took you out for. It is a disappearing kind of restaurent, unfortunately, as sushi and other trendy fusion foods are taking over

This place even has about the last remaining poo-poo platter in the entire county. That is one reason I like it so much.

• Visited September 2013
“Inexpensive, Tasty, and Highly Accomidating !”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this resteraunt by chance. We were waiting for our movie at the the Jacon Burns Film Center around the corner. The staff was friendly and the service was quick. I enjoyed their delightful pork rolls and wasabi shrimp and my husband had the Singapore Delight. Our food was very tasty with healthy portions. The place was cozy and functional and suitable for a nice casual meal. Very reasonable, dinner came to $50...with ample leftovers to spare! Loved the place, service and food!!! Great spot will be coming back soon!

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We ate there a few times and it was just OK, but convenient. Recently took out hot and sour soup which was just hot, very few veggies, very watery...hard to mess up something that standard. Another dish with noodles was similar, short on meat and veggies. Bad time to economize with new asian restaurant nearby.

Visited January 2013
Briarcliff Manor,N.Y.
“Outside of Chinatown, one if the best Chinese Restaurants.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

After trying various Chinese establishments in Westchester, we found this place 3 miles from our home in Briarcliff Manor. The owner/cook is great at turning out delicious and flavorful dishes. Our favorites include the large shrimp on a bed of incredibly delicious spinach, Hunan Beef,Kung Pau diced Chicken and their Shrimp Fried Rice.
Lucy,the owners wife and hostess, is utterly delightful.