“Belisimo!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Belisimo!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This restaurant was fabulous from start to finish. The staff was super friendly and personable. The decor was spot on Italian, and the newly renovated gem was super clean. They start you with bread and oil & parm cheese for dipping (my fave, and have never seen this in a restaurant before). We ordered the Italian nachos, another first, and another new fave. We also ordered various other dishes including the Italian flag pizza. The portions were generous, and the food was flavorful, when dish better then the next. For dessert, the gelato. Fresh, flavorful, the best I've ever had. This place is a keeper! Get to Louie Linguines soon! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2012

CT
“Fabulous Italian Food!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our reunion committee went here a few weeks ago for our meeting. What a great find! The owner/chef was there that evening, and the food was excellent from the appetizers to the main courses to the desserts. I (personally) highly recommend his bolognese sauce; you will not be disappointed! They have various rooms available, for large parties and to rent.

• Visited March 2012
DanburyCTUSA
“It's worth going to lunch!! Great value and fresh pasta.”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were a party of three for lunch and the place was not crowded at all. Since this was our first visit, we were a little concerned and the weather was 'ok' as well. We were not disappointed in the least. We started with house chopped salad that accompoanied our entrees. The fresh pasta was cooked to perfection and the bolognese sauce was equally fresh and tasty. The entrees were a great value with decent sized servings. We would certainly go back .

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank fkbillin
Owings Mills, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Italian food, perfect for families”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I went to this restaurant for the first time with family after a funeral. There were seventeen of us in total, and, being Italian, we had high hopes for the food. We were not disappointed! We were first served an array of appetizers, ranging from freshly-baked bread with olive oil and parmesan to prosciutto, fresh mozzarella with red peppers, salad and garlic bread. As I had not eaten all day I did my best to restrain myself from filling up on the antipasti, challenging as that was.

I ordered the penne alla vodka for my entree. Being that this is one of my favorite Italian dishes (along with baked ziti!) I was excited to try their version. To my delight, it was delicious and very well-prepared. The sauce was the perfect taste and consistency (not too thick/chunky or watery) and the pasta was al dente, not too firm or chewy. Garnished with basil and parmesan, it was really perfect. The portions for all the dishes were quite large. While I can normally finish a pasta dish, I had more than enough to take home. I also tried the eggplant parmesan, which my sister ordered, and loved the taste of the melted mozzarella.

For dessert, we were served a variety of small, rich items like tiramisu, chocolate mousse, eclairs and cannoli. Normally I am not much of a 'rich, buttery' dessert person and prefer simple stuff, but I have to say that the mousse was very good, even if I could only have a few spoonfuls.

All of my family and our close friends that joined us very much enjoyed the food and we had no problems with the service; our waiter was very quick to refill water, wine and coffee and all of the dishes were served quite quickly. Our spirits were lifted by the end of the meal. Since I often eat in large groups for business, I know it can be tricky handling a reservation of this size, but we definitely felt like guests here.

I look forward to eating at this restaurant next time I'm in the area!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Andrew A
New York City, New York
“Good Quality, Excellent Value Italian”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

[NOTE: THIS RESTAURANT IS IN NEW YORK STATE, NOT PENNSYLVANIA] A lot of restaurants have cycled through this space, but this new spot is a keeper. Well prepared basic Italian fare, pasta, veal, beef, chicken, some seafood, in comfortable surroundings, for a decent price (most entrees are in the $10-$15 range, with Sunday specials for under $20 pp with wine and dessert included). The welcome is warm, the food is hot and the quantities plentiful. I look forward to returning to sample some of the desserts as well as sampling more of the entrees.

• Visited December 2011