“Decent food, but not exceptional”

Mediterraneo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Mediterraneo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We ate here recently, and we thought that the food was OK, but not really exceptional. The Antipasto Dello Chef was mixed: the rollatini was excellent, the other items so-so. Would be nice to offer the rollatini as a standalone appetizer. Service was reasonable (they were very busy), although we would have appreciated an offer to refill the bread basket. We tried two of the seafood entrees, and found them to be OK, but nothing exceptional. We skipped dessert because we were in a hurry. I would recommend reservations since the place is relatively small, and was quite full the whole time we were there.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Surprised that both my GPS and iPhone both took me to the wrong place on the street. But once I found it. The place was very nice and I tried the scallops and black legionella Liked it enough to try desert too. A definite place to try!!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is one of Pleasantville's best restaurants and it is also open on Sunday when most of the town shuts down. I've been here many times and will be back many more I hope. As I've titled my review, it is standard Italian with a flair. There are many old standbys on the menu but the specials exhibit a masterful creativity.
Last night I had the clams casino ( standard) and the cod special (creative). The cod was baked and sitting atop a bed of pureed cauliflower and garnished with chantrelle mushrooms, surrounded by a mushroom gravy. It all worked beautifully.
The service is impeccable and for this quality of food the price is most reasonable. The location is downtown, a short walk ot Burns Film Center and the train.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the first time I've eaten at Mediterraneo, in Pleasantville, NY owned by the Chef Rino. My wife had a $ 25.00 coupon so we decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise it turned out to be. Our dinners were excellent and service was great. It was crowded so I would advise making reservations. We're planning on retuning soon. It's worth a try.
"And that's the way it is"
MegaBob

1  Thank MegaBob
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family has been going to Mediterraneo for years. Staff is warm and welcoming and take great care of us. Food is consistently excellent. Can't wait for our next visit!

1  Thank 40Fiob