“Excellent food”

Mediterraneo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Mediterraneo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Food is delicious. We had a very tasty plum tomato sauce and and fresh excellent tasting arugula salad.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Mediterraneo stands as the prototypical Weschester County Italian restaurant - higher end Italian dishes at very higher end prices. The food constitutes less of the problem than the prices, it is interesting and tasty; however, you are still ultimately paying a premium price for pasta. The small bar serves up the standard Italian wines and cocktails while the hall-like room has a view of a gas station and super market. In short, like most other Westchester restaurants not bad but not memorable.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is one of our favorite places for great Italian food. The pastas, fish, chicken and veal dishes are all terrific, and the appetizers are lovely. The spaghetti carbonara is fantastic, the fried zucchini flowers with tomato sauce was wonderful, there are so many great dishes, I would have to list most of the menu! The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable, and they have a nice wine list and good service. What more could you ask for!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I went to Mediterraneo Ristorante for the first time with friends. Always looking for a treasure we thought we'd give them a try.
The decor was warm and inviting. The layout was comfortable. My husband and friends ordered drinks, I just got a glass of water. We ordered salads and our entrees. After about 15 min they brought out two of the four salads and we waited for the the other two to come out. After waiting patiently we were finally able to get our waiters attention (I can count on one had the number of times we saw him) and indicated we were still waiting for the other two salads. About 10 min later they finally brought them out.
Our entrees came and were fine. Nothing exceptional, simple ok. My friends and husband ordered dessert, I ordered a Grand Marnier. They served my drink and their desserts. They got what they ordered, I got a Scotch.
Our waiter never came after our food was served to see if everything ok. The busboy refilled my husbands water glass, after he asked, but didn't fill any one else's glass. We had to get the waiters attention to bring us cheese for our entrees. After he took our dessert order we couldn't get his attention to let him know that the wrong drink was served. When we finally did and it was almost 20 min later. Everything took so long we were almost late for our show.
I feel when I go to a restaurant I pay and get for. I give you my business you should give me good service. When I have to hunt down a waiter for routine services and he never follows up, I won't be going back. They say on their website that for parties of six or more they will add an 18% gratuity. There were only four of us and they put a 20% on our check automatically.
The restaurant was half empty when we were seated, they could have provided us with excellent service and I would have been happy with that even if the food wasn't exceptional.

Thank Enjoy good time... R
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The food is always good. It is great for couples, friends, family. It is not old boring pasta and meatballs. If you don't see something you want on the menu, you can make a request. They have great little pizzas and the best Spaghetti Carbonara around!