See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Our party of 4 shared a room and it was adequate. Room was clean and close to the famous Butcher Block Restaurant. Rooms were a little cramped with the Queen size beds though but we managed. Bathroom clean and enough towels and amenities. Did not try the pool as we were late from driving in and had to leave early on for our road trip.

Room tip: Try for a corner room so it's less noisy from others coming in and out at crazy times.
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Nand, the guy who never left the place, was there for 24 hours a day. He was there when we checked in and out. The only staff member you had there wore the same clothes. The wife and I rolled back the bed-comforter and there were stains on it with blood stains. Told Nand at the front desk and he just smiled and said I'll get you another one. Told Nand about the TV Remote not working, just smiled. Then, the room was not cooling down; I checked the AC Filter (I work for Wyndham, and Wyndham would not put up with any of this!) and took pictures of before and after I clean it! Then, our key cards stopped working; three times Nand re-keyed them and still did not work. Finally, I told Nand that the batteries in the lock needed changed … again all Nand did was smile and said we had to wait until maintenance got in. Maintenance was okay, as Housekeeping. Then, we checked out way before 11:00 AM check out and way before 4:00PM for canceling the third night so we would not be charged. Oh no, we still got charged. Now I got to get this taken care of with you and my Credit Union. Then the wife and I went to another Super 8 to give you one more try. The check-in girl there said that they didn't even have a room with two beds; so, we went to a Microtel by Wyndham. From a Nightmare to a blessed place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank chas770016
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Good: clean, well located (in/near Plattsburgh, near the beach) not noisy. Very clean, particularly very clean bathroom, plenty of hot water for shower. Very poor internet, the slowest I have seen so far (I measured it at 1.5 Mbit/sec over again) and could not connect reliably in my room. Breakfast is marginal at best, no fruit, only 1 type of cereal, no egg based dishes and bad coffeeBut, it is the cheapest around Plattsburgh and I could sleep very well there...

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 25, 2018

Picked this hotel because it's close to SUNY Plattsburgh. After a long drive and arriving late it was disappointing to check into a room that TV did not work, ice maker machine was out of service and hallway reeked cigarettes. A/C did not work in breakfast room and lobby, temperature was 84 degrees! Manager said A/C works sometimes!!! Not worth the money!

Room tip: Pick a different hotel
Reviewed August 25, 2018

I made a booking before having read the reviews and then tried to switch to another hotel but everything in Plattsburgh was sold out. I made a booking stating that I had two children and myself and booked a room with a kitchenette as it was an option.
The employee first tells me that I do not get a kitchenette, they are sold out. Then he gives me a swipe card, which did not work. I checked in, then the employee finds me outside to tell me that he gave me the wrong room. Then I get a kitchenette, so I am told. Again, he gives me a non-working card. There is only one double bed (no hide a bed) for the three of us and the kitchenette is not in function as I was told by the employee. The sink in the kitchenette had no running water, no pots or pans, no cutlery, nothing at all. The employee just tells me to contact corporate about this, he does not know why they are advertising and renting with that option.
He then tells me that there is nothing he can do about the bed situation; there is no rollaway bed available, again he tells me to call corporate in a nonchalant way.
When I ran water to take a bath, some poop like junky substance came back from the drain from the pressure of the running water on the drain even after running the water for a while. The shower curtains were full of molds on the bottom. The breakfast was very basic. Some hallways smell of cigarette smoke.
TV has many channels which are not working, laundry room, out of order, ice machine out of order, the pool only opens at 3pm.The wi-fi is unreliable disconnecting many times and quite slow.
The business center is simply a computer, if one wants to print, the employee offers to print things that are emailed to him. Only to find out, he does not know how to print a forwarded email. I was getting a picture like copy of his email page without the full email content. He starts arguing with me that he knows his job, and this is how you print an email. Then in front of many people he starts making a scene yelling ‘’you had many problems since last night’’, ‘’ we are not responsible for your children’’ trying to berate me in front of other customers about the fact that I should have booked a room with two beds. This was the morning after, I was not even talking about that issue anymore, but he felt the need to try to humiliate me in front of others, not realizing what he looked like in the process. This was all in front of my two small children and many customers.
Someone called for me and asked to be connected to my room and was told that he can not do that. That staff was incompetent, confrontational and beyond rude. I told him that I understands why the reviews are so bad, he told me that they know all about the reviews, then pointed to his name ‘Hahn’ on his tag when I said I would contact the corporate office. I only saw this one employee while I was there, and the hotel was booked to capacity. Do not let the name Wyndham fool you. This place is crass in every aspect.