“Great food+Great service=perfect Friday evening”
Review of Olive Ridley's

Olive Ridley's
Ranked #60 of 132 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: American
Description: Olive Ridley's Taphouse & Grill Restaurant and Lounge is a hometown restaurant and lounge that provides fresh, handcrafted food and live entertainment!
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We went in on a Friday evening to try something new, very comfortable atmosphere. My wife and I had the Calamari Diavolo as an appetizer and the penne ala vodka was to die for. Much better than other chain restaurants. The draft selection was far above average and waitress recommended the perfect mix of drinks. The best service and food that we could hope for. Thank you Olive Ridley's!

1  Thank raymond o
There are newer reviews for Olive Ridley's

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Got a tip from the hotel front desk to check it out for drinks. The family and I had a few drinks to start and then settled in the dining room. Good atmosphere for a Saturday, tried the lasagna and it was great! Service was good as well too. Definitely will check it out when I'm back in Plattsburgh.

2  Thank Robbie W
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Paid for my meal, got a receipt, left a tip. Later the waitress came to me with the bill saying it hadn't been paid. Wouldn't let us leave, made a huge hassle, and I paid again so I could get the hell out and back to my hotel. Learn to run your register. Caesar salad dressing was bitter and burger was dry.

1  Thank Miguel B
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stopped here for lunch while we were exploring the downtown area. From the outside it looks like an interesting place that has a lot of potential for a great meal. Inside you find a nice bar with an above average beer selection with good micro-brew selections. The day we ate there the place was dead at noon. We sat in a nice booth looking out at the street in a nicely decorated room which I'm sure looks very nice at night time. I had a hard time deciding between the pizza and taco salad as I usually can't pass up a taco salad. So of course I ordered it and can honestly say it was the worst taco salad I've ever had. The beef tasted and looked like it had been cooked the day or a few days before and just reheated. Not sure I'd come back here for food again but I would come back for the beer selection and friendly staff (it also looks like it would be a good place for a band with the back room setup).

1  Thank bcasacci
rmollen09, General Manager at Olive Ridley's, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

I am deeply sorry that you had a poor experience at Olive Ridley's. As the manager there I can alert you that we were in the middle of a slight menu change which is now being implemented. Our menu style is now casual Italian dining with local fresh ingredients. It is our number one priority to provide great service, food and value to our customers. Please come back and try it again because I am sure you will not be disapointed.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

We love the atmosphere of the old building, and the waitresses are competent, but the food gets worse each time. We ate there on a Sunday when the place was empty thinking that the kitchen staff would give us all their attention. The pizza tasted like a frozen variety. There was almost no sauce, nor toppings. Hey, I know the economy is bad, but seven slices of pepperoni on a large pizza? The waitress said "sorry". No offer to take some off the bill, give us a coupon, just "sorry". We actually threw the leftover pizza out.

2  Thank Paleriter