“Mediocre food and they stole $10 from me”
Review of Olive Ridley's

Olive Ridley's
Ranked #55 of 132 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: American
Description: Olive Ridley's Taphouse & Grill Restaurant and Lounge is a hometown restaurant and lounge that provides fresh, handcrafted food and live entertainment!
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Paid for my meal, got a receipt, left a tip. Later the waitress came to me with the bill saying it hadn't been paid. Wouldn't let us leave, made a huge hassle, and I paid again so I could get the hell out and back to my hotel. Learn to run your register. Caesar salad dressing was bitter and burger was dry.

1  Thank Miguel B
There are newer reviews for Olive Ridley's

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stopped here for lunch while we were exploring the downtown area. From the outside it looks like an interesting place that has a lot of potential for a great meal. Inside you find a nice bar with an above average beer selection with good micro-brew selections. The day we ate there the place was dead at noon. We sat in a nice booth looking out at the street in a nicely decorated room which I'm sure looks very nice at night time. I had a hard time deciding between the pizza and taco salad as I usually can't pass up a taco salad. So of course I ordered it and can honestly say it was the worst taco salad I've ever had. The beef tasted and looked like it had been cooked the day or a few days before and just reheated. Not sure I'd come back here for food again but I would come back for the beer selection and friendly staff (it also looks like it would be a good place for a band with the back room setup).

1  Thank bcasacci
rmollen09, General Manager at Olive Ridley's, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

I am deeply sorry that you had a poor experience at Olive Ridley's. As the manager there I can alert you that we were in the middle of a slight menu change which is now being implemented. Our menu style is now casual Italian dining with local fresh ingredients. It is our number one priority to provide great service, food and value to our customers. Please come back and try it again because I am sure you will not be disapointed.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

We love the atmosphere of the old building, and the waitresses are competent, but the food gets worse each time. We ate there on a Sunday when the place was empty thinking that the kitchen staff would give us all their attention. The pizza tasted like a frozen variety. There was almost no sauce, nor toppings. Hey, I know the economy is bad, but seven slices of pepperoni on a large pizza? The waitress said "sorry". No offer to take some off the bill, give us a coupon, just "sorry". We actually threw the leftover pizza out.

2  Thank Paleriter
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I had been to O. Ridley's quite a few times. My absolute favorite is the mild wings! They are sweet and tangy, so different from other places around here.

The pizza is OK but if you ever went and ordered a small hawaiian pizza, just note the price difference between a plain ham and pineapple and the specialty ham, pineapple, almonds slivers and shredded coconut... it's $13.49 for the small specialty and $8.79 for just the original 2 topping hawaiian. It seems a bit outrageous to me. I even questioned the server since I had ordered the small pie for my 8 year old daughter.

I have been when they have an all you can eat salad, pasta and pizza bar as well, and I guess for the price of $7.99 it's semi-worth it. The bar consisted of 3 types of pizza, one type of pasta (goulash) and 2 different basic green salads.

As for the taco bar, that is also nothing I would go out of my way for. Hard and soft shells with meat ad basic veggies. No rices or taco salad bowls or any other option for that. They serve everything from a dining table in the bar room, not even from the buffet area.

Needless to say, i'd pretty much go in for wings and drinks and nothing more.

Reviewed June 23, 2008

Olive Ridley's has the same owner as the Naked Turtle so the menu items and food are the same. It is the ONLY restaurant in downtown plattsburgh open on Sundays and they have a great platter of poutine (gravy fries) for about $5. Other things I had on the menu were hit and miss. The ribs were fall off the bone fantastic but their food can be excessively salty (like the cook is a hard smoker and overseasoned everything). The bar is nice and they have good happy hours specials and live music.