All reviews continental breakfast jacuzzi room check in was quick hot tub comfortable beds clean hotel would stay here again oatmeal sam highway lounge pillows walmart shopping mall chain
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights. Three long nights. This property is in dire need of a renovation. It will do for a one night stay but it needs updating badly. There is no lobby store where you can purchase snacks, water, aspirin, etc. They have a restaurant, bar, indoor pool and fitness room. The fitness room is outdated, thankfully there is a Planet Fitness nearby. The beds are okay, the room a decent size. Breakfast is not included. There are several restaurants very close, a mall across the street and the hotel is next to the highway. I will do my best to avoid staying here in the future.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We were very dissapointed with this hotel, it was the most unpleasant part of our vacation, the good thing is we stayed only 1 night. They gave us a room at the highest floor, at the end of the hallway, very long walk to the only elevator. The elevator was small and didn't work well. Our room was close to the highway behind and very noisy. The hotel is not so clean and has cheaper and more outdated furniture than other HIs. Looks like it hasn't been updated for many years. We asked to be given another room but we were told the hotel was booked. Indeed, later some buses with chinese tourists came and filled up the hotel. In a room next to us they had a big fight in the middle of the night. My wife was scared to call the police and I was sleeping, didn't hear it. She called the frontdesk but they didn't do anything about it. Overall, as I wrote, never again will choose this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. We highly value the opinions of our customers and are constantly looking for ways to make their time with us better. We’re sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your stay.
We were very disappointed to hear about the negative customer service you experienced during your time with us. We constantly try to provide our guests with the best possible service and hospitality, and it sounds like we failed in this instance. I'd like to take the opportunity to apologize for the actions of management.
In addition, we're sorry that the condition of the room was not satisfactory. We are planning to do hotel renovation in coming months.We will review and address your concerns so that they do not happen again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I booked the Bed and Breakfast package from the website. All they said at the front desk when we checked in was the time of the breakfast. When having breakfast the next morning, I thought it was unusually crowded and how did anyone know we had this package? I went to the front desk and Smit told me everyone gets free breakfast at this hotel. I told him I booked the B&B package so I was paying for something everyone was getting and I should get a credit. He then found out what I paid for the room and actually told me people were paying more than I was and would not give me a credit. When I got back to the room I called Guest Relations with the problem. The operator said it was a regular Holiday Inn and they shouldn’t be offering free breakfast for everyone. She called the hotel to confirm and was told (I’m sure by Smit at the front desk) “well we do” and she then told him that they should fix their website. She said she could not give me a credit since they weren’t billing but a manager would call me in about 15 mins. Well, half an hour later and no call, my husband called the front desk and spoke to Smit again and after some back and forth as you can imagine, he gave us a $15 credit. Do not book the B&B package at this hotel, it’s a ripoff! Also, the bathroom is very small and there’s only one elevator, but on the upside, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Fix your website as you are getting extra money you shouldn’t be!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are apologize for the confusion regarding the breakfast. The Holiday Inn breakfast rate is offer the hot and cold breakfast items from the menu, it is separate from the continental breakfast. I m so sorry for the confusion with this our Front Desk staff will be highly trained again on how to handle this so it wont happen again.We are going to do complete renovation of the hotel in the coming months.
Again thank you for choosing to stay with us, I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

It was our first stay at this hotel with the kids and we all loved it! The hotel staff was very welcoming and friendly. The hotel was clean. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, although the chlorine level was high. Better high than too low, I guess. The beds in our room were very comfortable and the bathroom spotless. In the morning, we enjoyed a huge breakfast. My kids never ate so much in the morning! I highly recommend this hotel to families traveling. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel.
We appreciate you taking time to comment with such positive attitude.
We strive very hard to keep a clean hotel along with good food and friendly staff. Which i believe makes all the difference.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course, but people can be so negative in reviews without understanding the reasons behind them.
So when a review comes along like yours and you comment on all the positives in a hotel rather than the negatives, we appreciate the feedback so much.
We are really happy you had a great time and hope to see you back again in the near future

Reviewed August 1, 2018

This property is in need of some renovations. The room itself wasn't terrible and the bed was OK but there are some things that needed improvement. Fist off, the elevator is banged up and filthy. The halls need to be redone as well. There was a rip in the desk chair in the room and the so called clean towel had a yellow stain when I opened it. Also, the TV remote didn't work and the notepad left in the room was left with one sheet of paper. Also, missing IHG points which I have to submit a claim for to get added to my account. Other than that, it wasn't a terrible stay but it's time for this property to start investing in cleaning up some loose ends.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel.
We appreciate you taking time to comments. we appreciate the feedback so much.We are not adverse to criticism as all opinions are different, but if there are any issues we try to rectify them as soon as possible.
We are going to do renovate the hotel this winter and you will see the improvements.