“Suprised in a good way”

Holiday Inn Plattsburgh
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed at several Holiday Inn's. This one has a bar with a restaurant. They also have a pool table, dart board and some video game. The room I stayed in was quiet and had kind of a euro feel to it. The bathroom sink area is a little small but not an issue for me.

Room Tip: Stay on the highest floor. The restaurant closesat 9:00 PM
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, and thank you for leaving us a review.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this place on January 29, 2013. We have gotten to like staying at Holiday Inn Expresses and did not realize that this was a Holiday Inn, non-Express. One big plus for the Holiday Inn Expresses is the awesome breakfast buffet. We figured that this Holiday Inn would be a step-up (if possible).

The breakfast situation was very confusing which we never got a chance to understand. There is apparently a free continental breakfast but you can have additional items for extra cost. There is a menu in the inroom looseleaf which mentions food and cost but it is not clear whether this is for the dining room or for room service.

Well, the breakfast area is supposedly open from 6:30 to 10:00 AM. I went to the area at 9:10. There was nobody in the room and no food was out. As I looked for someone either at the front desk or food area, the staff person rolled a cart into the room and started to put out cereal. I asked about the breakfast. She said she was putting it out and seemed annoyed that I was confused. Again, there was absolutely nothing available, and who knows how long it would have taken to get food set-up. Perhaps she was setting up for the next day. Who knows?? We ended up going to Perkins across the street. The room was $ 116.54. We feel cheated. Holdiay Inn owes us $ 20 for the food we did not get!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Charles F,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am sorry for any confusion about breakfast. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is very clean, the people are nice and it's quiet. Enjoied the hot-tub room, the pool and simple free breakfast. The only thing I didn't like was instead of slipping your final bill under the door of your room , they left it outside the room on the hall floor. The fact that it has your name, address and charges clearly stated makes this a violation of privacy that bothers me.

Room Tip: Hot-tub rooms have awesome king beds!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so glad to hear that you found our hotel clean! We apologize for your bill being placed outside your room, our staff has been notified of this mistake, as we have worked to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for taking your time to write this review, we truly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the time we walked into the hotel, and were greeted, and offered warm cookies from Dianne, until we left the next day, this property offered second to none hospitality. The first person you meet sets the tone, and Dianne was welcoming, and hospitable. Kudos to Dianne, and to this property for hiring her!! Good move!
The room was clean, comfortable, nice towels (not always the case!), and the bed was so comfortable we did not want to even think about getting out of it in the morning. Breakfast was good, but heavy on the carbs, and the one use glasses and cutlery are no longer acceptable, but the person "hosting" was warm and polite, and helpful. What can I say? I have stayed at lots of hotels, and this one was THE BEST!! Great job. Thank you for a most comfortable night, during a snow storm.
And almost forgot -- the pool and hot tub were great too!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaggieK126

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We are pleased to hear that you found our front desk staff welcoming and hospitable. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The first thing I rate a hotel on is the quality of the bed and the rest I got. Well the pillows were flat so that kinda explains my review. Nothing was really wrong or right, it was adequate, I thought the price was high for the value. I will say the quality of the building was fair... for example the stripping was lifting up from the carpet inside the elevator. It was bad enough that I needed to report it before someone got hurt. Obviously wasn't there long enough to really check the place thouroughly out. You can't go wrong or right if you stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank businesstraveler486
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. It is nice to know that you liked our location and found our room accommodations comfortable. I regret that the incident that happened during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused and I want to assure you that this will be looked into.

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

we were coming back from long island new york, we were told that they were a hour wait at the border to get bck home, we decided to spend the night. The room was clean the beds very comfortable, the bathroom was clean but very small, the continental breakfast was ok.
we would go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank linda b
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My sister and I had an excellent time at the Holiday Inn in Plattsburg. We came here to see the fall foliage, and we couldn't have had a better stay. The hotel is very well located. It is very close to the outlet mall, but what made our stay so much more pleasant and special was the service provided, especially by Sam, the manager and owner. He absolutely went above and beyond to help us. We went from Brazil to Plattsburg, so as you can imagine we were a bit lost in the area. Sam was kind enough to personally arrange the car rental for us and also drove us to the car rental place at the airport. He gave us all the directions to go to Boston by car, called the car rental place in Boston for us and also told us about the scenic drive and places to visit.
We would DEFINITELY go back, thank you very much Holiday Inn for the excelent stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family