“Never again!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Plattsburgh
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here on Labor Day weekend due to a prior visit two years ago. Since this $78.81 stay was the most reasonable in the area near where we were going to be camping, we took it.

We were terribly disappointed!

This was an upstairs, corner room at the far end of the complex. It had not seen renovations in years. Wall paper was peeling. TV was a old box type,not flat screen.

But...the worst thing was that we found blood stains on the bedding! Yuck!

What a "flop house"! Never will we stay in a hole like that again!

If we had seen the blood stain in the evening, we would have left right then. However, it was only in the morning that this was spotted.

Room Tip: Spend your money wisely! Read these reviews on Trip Advisor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Citrusbreeze

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This took place in 2007? It was some time ago.

Thinking this probably won't be published but felt compelled to write anyway. Probably my worst hotel stay ever with the exception of the Super 8 in Ogden, UT earlier this year ( I was asked to leave). I typically stay at the Days Inn but they were full on this evening; the Comfort Inn had rooms but the price was higher than what I wanted to pay. It was after midnight and the Econolodge had 'one room left' and the price was right.

The 'one room left' should have been placed 'out of service'. No tv, no phone, no clock, no wi-fi. Carpet next to interior wall was soaking wet. I was quite tired and decided to just overlook everything and get to bed asap.

Upon checkout, I attempted to share my experience with the 'desk clerk'(?) who became quite hostile. I just shook my head and walked away without saying anymore. I sent a written complaint to Choice Hotels without ever receiving a response. The Days Inn nearby is impeccable and fellow employees who have stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn Express say it's first rate also.

Once was enough.

Room Tip: Others have had good experiences here according to reviews so it's up to you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The non smoking queen bed room 233 clearly had some kind of lingering smoke smell that hotel hadnt managed to erase. The bed was so soft that my husband and I were continually rolling into the center throughout the night. We were also sorry we hadn't brought our own pillows as there were only the aged foam ones (plus no coffee maker in room nor shampoo or shower cap).

Since we paid $100 a night as it was peak season we certainly did not feel we got value. Plus there was no manager on staff on Friday or Saturday to discuss our need to check out early. I told the staff that they could rent Our room for Saturday night and rebate the $100 that we had already paid for the Saturday night but they refused to discuss this situation with me or offer me a chance to discuss with their manager

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had not stayed at this hotel for approximately 2 years and this time I was surprised by the recent upgrade. My suite, with queen bed, was very clean and appeared to have relatively new wall paper and furniture. Hallway carpets and wallpaper also appeared to be relatively new, much different than the last time I stayed.

Overall, good value for the price i paid. The Comfort Inn and Holiday I priced out for the same date was almost 60% higher.

The Econo Lodge was a good value for the money I paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable, a little small but if you just need a place to sleep passing through the area, the value is there. Not to mention several restaurants within walking distance and close to all the shopping as well. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The girls and I never had time to try out the pool, we're too busy shopping. Best price yet, beds are a bit soft , the people working there are very nice and helpful. Our room had a fridge and microwave, if you hanker for coffee or tea, bring your supplies, there's none in the room. No problem there, better than paying $20 more for that to be in your room.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family