“Threadbare, but clean”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
LeRoy, NY
“Threadbare, but clean”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you are looking for a place to flop then get up and get going, this is worth the small price. Breakfast is all starch, no protein or fruit.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool, since the chlorine odor is strong.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ryacuzzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Montreal
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Booked on Expedia for $60 a night!! It was clean, breakfast was good (fresh waffles), room was clean, service is great. It's not a 5-star, but work the money for a one night stay. Has an indoor and outdoor pool, small gym.....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Green-eyed-77
Montreal
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I was a bit scared to try this one because of the reviews. We usually stay at the Best Western at Smithfield when we go to Plattsburgh but this time, were looking to save $.
This hotel has 2 pools (indoor and outdoor) which were a bit small but clean. The rooms were clean and ours had a refrigerator (that they didn't charge extra for) which was a nice bonus. The hotel is close to everything and quiet + has a free breakfast. There is nothing but 2 kinds of cereal, toast, english muffins and make-your-own waffles + the orange juice is not real orange juice but sugared orange drink but for free, it's better than nothing.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JoAnneMontreal
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We are a family of 4 who go to Plattsburgh 2-3 times a year for a shopping getaway and typically stay 1-2 nights when we go. I usually book the room on Expedia and we usually stay at the Econolodge or the Days Inn across the street. I take the hotel with the better rate since we only use the room to sleep and shower in and nothing else. Why pay for a fancier hotel with you are never in the room or use their services?

Econolodge meets our basic needs. The hotel rooms are decent, they have free wi-fi, and offer continental breakfast. The usual stuff, coffee, cereal, toast, etc. We have never had any problems anytime we stayed at this Econolodge.

Econolodge is on the main street very close to the shopping area and restaurants. Very convenient location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank ellieb66
Bealeton, Virginia
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My wife and I stopped at this Econo Lodge on our way down to Boston, coming down from Canada. We noticed right away that the toilet bowl was not clean. The room itself appeared not to have been vacuumed. I did not like the fact that the outside entrances, were able to be opened without a key card. The continental breakfast was quite minimal.
We ate dinner at the Ponderosa Steak House which was fine. Overall, I can't recommend this motel as it wasn't very clean or secure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kindl22712

Travelers are raving about these Plattsburgh hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Ewww..... The worst hotel we've been too. I have never seen anything like it. The worst was when my husband and I we're about to go to bed. When taking the comforter off, full of "body" hair all over the blanket and sheets. Not a hair or two but I mean full everywhere. I did not want to sleep there that night I was so revolted. Let alone the dingy dirty bathrooms. I rather camp out, save your money.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tanni2
Oakville
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Checked into the EconoLodge for night's lodging. The older gentleman who greeted me was exceptionally polite and told me that they had vacancies. He offered a kingsized bed which when applying CAA discount came out to about $85. There are actually several sections to this EconoLodge which includes renters ( people who rent to live at the Lodge due to their job situation). The rest of us were given rooms in the back of the complex. My room was spacious and it included a freezer on top of the fridge. There was also a huge comfortable chair with a foot rest in front of the television. The bathroom was somewhat on the small side. The only unsightly spot was an area in the corner of the ceiling which looked like it needed to be fixed and painted. I slept reasonably well and in the morning went for a complementary breakfast which included items such as cereals, breads, juices and waffles. The waffle part was quite interesting cause I have never used one so that small experience was a bonus. Mind you, the texture of the waffle batter was somewhat simple, nevertheless, I ate the waffle once it was formed. This complex also has internet and a pool but unfortunately I did not get a chance to use them. Overall, it was a decent stay and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple