“Just returned from a stay at the Days inn and you can be sure we will be back soon. There is nothing missing in the room”

Days Inn & Suites Plattsburgh
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Well we just returned home from our stay at Days Inn. You can be sure we will be back soon. The rooms are well equipped with all you need. The service is great and fast.
Only problem was there was too much chlorine in the pool so we could not stay there to swim. also young kids 12-16 playing around the ice cube machine with their friends they been noisy and playing with the elevator(riding it for fun and when getting off pressing to go up or down.( 2nd floor back area). All said we will be back soon.Hopefully they won't be there.
Thanks hans gagnon and family of 3.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
WellsJac1, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Plattsburgh, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
Dear Willie38,

Thank you for your review! I apologize for the noisy, disruptive kids. Please feel free to let the front desk know of any issues on your next stay. We'll be happy to take care of anything that may arise.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I must say I had a pretty pleasant stay at The days inn. Upon my arrival, the front desk person was very polite, she had no trouble finding my reservation. I must give a big two thumbs up for the whole house cleaning staff for doing a really good job at cleaning and keeping the rooms in top notch. Breakfast was amazing, I like that you can make your own pancakes which are quite delicious !

My only thing I'd like to see improving are the old tv's they are due for some major upgrading, everything else was excellent.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
WellsJac1, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Plattsburgh, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear Imaandaar831,

Thanks for the great suggestion! Upgrading our Tv's is planned for this coming year. Hopefully you see them on your next visit!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Pricelined for 50$. This is a typical 2 star Days Inn, with fast check in, decent room, dated furniture, old CRT TV, clean bathroom, motel like. Breakfast was OK with good selection of fruits, breads/pastries, some warm items...free parking and internet, lots of strip malls around. Pool is located outside, and there is a small rundown gym. OK stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Dear Lubiere,

Thanks for posting some great photos! We do have an indoor pool, Jacuzzi and seasonal outdoor pool.

Gansevoort, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2010

When we travel to Plattsburgh to visit relatives we always stay at Days Inn. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quite. The price is very reasonable. And, the staff is always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Lois1957,

Thanks for the review! We look forward to having you in the future.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We come from Canada and we were 4 adults, We decided to go to the Day's Iinn in Plattsburgh NY for 3 nights for vacation,shopping and relax. We were not desapointed at all. Everything was clean and the rooms (we had 2 rooms) were very comfortable.

The reception was very fast and with a smile wich is very pleasant when you check-in afer travelling.

The food was excellent and it is a good starting breakfast.

Let's talk about the indoor pool. You should see the clarity of that water. It is simply "Crystal Clear" and the pool area is clean. Pretty soon, the pool area may need a repaint job, but they can do that during the summer because they have an outdoor pool.

Excuse my english writing but I did the best I could.
Thankk for reading my opinions. You can trust it

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review!! I will pass along your great compliments to our maintenance staff.

Montreal
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Probably one of my worst hotel-stays in years. The beds were just terrible. The mattress was hard as a rock and I could barely sleep. The walls were paper thin and I could hear very clearly both of my neighbors. The rooms were terribly ugly and there was this strange noise all night - not sure if it was the heating system.

Room has a "courtesy" note explaining that if you smoke in the room there will be a $50 charge and then goes on to say they inventory the contents of the room each day. Nice way to greet guests.

Water pressure was very bad and the internet signal was barely available - kept disconnecting with only 1 bar on the wireless card widget. Pretty ghetto place - but most of Plattsburgh is like this, so I suppose next time I'm travelling, I'll just go further south to Saratoga Springs...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank militantatheist
WellsJac1, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Plattsburgh, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry to hear your stay was not satisfactory.

We are constantly working to improve guestroom quality. Just this year we put all new windows and insulation in our rooms to increase quality as well as be more energy efficient.
In addition, we put all new pillow-top mattresses and sheeting for a more comfortable nights sleep.
As for the charge in the room, I’m sorry you feel it was offensive. That is not the intention of the hotel. It is there so that all guests may have an enjoyable stay.

I hope to be of service to you in the future! Please feel free to contact me before your next stay.

Director of Sales
Gelderland
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Ok, it's a nice place to stay. Actually there is nothing wrong with it, but please beware the breakfast. There was mold on the bread! My wife ate it and she is pregnant too. And now the shocking part of this story. You would expect from a place where you pay more then 100 dollars per night that they would apologize for such a thing. But the lady who took care of the breakfast simply said: "it's ok, it's not dangerous". Maybe it's tasty too!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am deeply sorry for the poor service you received at our property. I would like to inform you that the matter has been discussed and resolved.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for any future stays.

Director of Sales