“Great Place to Celebrate a Birthday”
Review of The Pepper

The Pepper
Ranked #23 of 144 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 20, 2019

If you like Mexican food, this restaurant is the place to go. The food was very authentic and the staff was very friendly. The place decor made you think you were in Mexico.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Went to dinner with my son and DIL. The check in process isn't clear but we got a table pretty quick. My waitress was great and my meal was delicious but I asked for them to sing to my son and she came out with the cake alone and said we have no candles. Wish they made a bigger deal out of his birthday.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

This was a quick stop to get a meal before a show. Line to get seated was long but we were able to get a spot at the bar. Great service and great food.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

Although there is often a wait here, it's because the food is great, the place is small, and the margaritas are even better. So sit tight, order some nachos, and try a Cadillac.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2018

This ISN'T even remotely Mexican NOR Tex-Mex. I have friends from Mexico and I've eaten at their homes plus I was stationed in deep Texas close to the border while in the Air Force SO I have experienced the real deal.

The "Rolls Royce" Margarita was made with Preimum liquor BUT it was ruined with the "house margarita mix". I have NO idea what was in it BUT to make a Margarita with it was atrocious. For me to NOT finish a drink is like an Elvis sighting.

The Seafood Enchillada was supposed to have shrimp, fish and other seafood in it BUT I COULDN'T FIND ANY. The ONLY thing I could taste was cheese and NONE of it was queso fresco. NO sour cream. NO guacamole. NOT an enchillada.

Since when is RED Rice served with an enchillada? Rhetorical question; NEVER. Even the rice wasn't authentic tasting. I was SO disgusted with the food I went to Chick-fil-A to get the taste out of my mouth!

The ONLY reason I'm NOT giving the place a 1 rating is because I got the Margarita off my bill. NO worries because I'm NOT coming back.

Date of visit: October 2018