“Improved”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We have not eaten at the Pepper in two years. Our last experience was disappointing. The chips were a little heavy and we did not care for the salsa. I had tortilla soup. It was also heavy and overly filling. My wife and a burrito and I had the evening special pork burrito. The servings were large and tasty. The pork was very tender and plentiful. The blackberry BBQ sauce was the perfect complement to meat and peppers and onions. What started out less than great had an excellent end.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We are regulars of the Pepper and Mexican is one of our favorite dishes. The Pepper has a good selection of cuisine, great service, and some of the best drinks in the north country. Their selection of Margaritas can't be beat.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

I went there for lunch at the suggestion of a friend (who is local). Wonderful, friendly service (owner is super nice and her mom, who served as hostess, was super nice, too!). I had shrimp quesadilla, which were very good. Nice, homemade salsa and chips while you wait, too. The decor is a little sparse, but it's a wonderful place with great food and even better people. Would definitely go back!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

A great place to stop for good food and drinks in a casual atmosphere. Busy at times, but the service and food are great. Loaded nachos are excellent! Great as an appetizer or as your meal. Everything we had was better than the average mexican fare. Attention to detail is evident in their flavor pairings. Street dining is great when the road is blocked off. Not sure I would sit there on a busy day with cars going by.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Cute Mexican restaurant in downtown Plattsburgh. My husband and I and our 2 daughters enjoyed the chips and homemade salsa. The waitress recommended the chorizo and shrimp quesadillas which were excellent. The atmosphere had a mix of both locals and vacationers and felt very homey. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018