“Average food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We visit the Pepper after a long day at Plattsburgh beach.

The restaurant is small and very crowded. There was a waiting of 45 minutes for seating outside. So we decide to go inside.

For the drink, we try the Mimosa and Sangria. Very good and not expensive (3$ each, it was on special).

Chips and salsa were served at the beginning, like in all Mexican restaurants

We have waited 40 minutes to get our meals. I was frustrated and talk to the manager. At the end, they do not count the drinks in the bill, so we had a discount of 6$.

The food is average. I took the Tacos salad and my wife took the Burritos. The salad was not bad and the portion was big, for only 11$.

However, the burritos was not so good. They put the rice and beans inside. Not a good idea.Try somoething else !

The ambiance was poor. Should make some renovations.

In summary, it's not a bad choice for a short stay in Plattsburgh, but I am sure that you can find better restaurants in Plattsburgh downtow,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hard to believe such great food about as far away from Mexico as you can get. Great meal and service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We paid 27.00 for two meals take-out. Way overpriced. The rice and beans tasted microwaved and/or boxed. My chimichanga had large peppers of every kind and not much else in it. The beans were very runny, and practically sliding outta the box. The. Meals were very expensive and poor for taste, I will not go back or recommend it.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Pepper is alwasy busy. I think this is because you can always find something that you will like. Excellent margarita's. My favorite dish is their mussel appetizer. When I was there last for an early dinner I tried, for the first time, their mole chicken dish, which was very good. I would have it again. The wait staff is attentive and accomodating, even whan they are packed. Try it, you will like it.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

It looked run down from the outside, so I went in to check it out ahead of lunch. The place reeked of what I suggest may have been a bug spray, and the menu was dull-typed & not very clean. Sorry, it would need to get up to par to suit me. I wouldn't eat there.