“A Find in Downtown!”

The Great Adirondack Soup Company
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The delicious aromas of homemade soups, salads, sandwiches and daily specials greet you at the door! The friendly staff and the on-site owner call you by name at this casual cafe in downtown Plattsburgh, NY. Local artists' works change monthly on the walls. Soup's on, get it early before it's gone!
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We fell upon Chris' Adirondack Soup Company on or drive enroute to Montreal's Jazz Festival.
The physical place was a draw with its cozy cafe ambience.
We were seeking a healthy bite to eat.
I'm a foodie; my husband and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, in Berkeley,
so we have Spoiled Palates and high standards for what we eat.
This place easily fit what we wanted: creative and fresh, yummy salad and sandwich.
What a find for us.
They are celebrating their 10 th year as an independent business. Having met the owner, Chris,
reviewing his menu, and eating there ---- I see why this business has a strong reputation and long years in service!
If we were hanging out in Plattsburgh for the night, I'd go right back and eat dinner there as well!

2  Thank ymtrose

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had lunch here and enjoyed it very much. The sandwich was unlike any I have eaten before. The bread was homemade and fresh. I will definately eat here again! The pea soup was filling and delicious.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

In downtown Plattsburgh today for First Weekend, we had wonderful New England chowder and gargantuan sandwiches, while surrounded by an impressive photography exhibit and exciting street musicians. Chris and Laura have a friendly place with great food!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Best sandwich I've had in Plattsburgh, with a lovely soup to complement it. Homemade bread would send this place over the top.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped to grab lunch for my husband and it smelled so good we both had take out..the soup is delicious. I had a side made from oricheta pasta and white beans..very good. The only complaint was having to wait even during a work lunch for an extended period even though i called ahead..but i would do it again.

1  Thank surferfood