“We Tried It. We Liked It!”

Koto Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #64 of 132 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised. We had to set aside our prejudice-(comparing it to Chinese food.) It has a totally different flavouring, so we had to adjust our
taste buds-to-brain connection, and recall our love of the simplicity of Japanese cuisine. The presentation was exquisite.
The Vegetable Spring Rolls were delicious with a piquant sauce, the soup was very good and the broth quite robust.
We had the Teriyaki Beef and a Chicken Teriyaki. They were both delicious, sliced thin and perfectly cooked. Of course the vegetables were crisp and the rice, sticky.
The portions were plenty, and the service friendly & efficient.
We'll be back with our family (gang) and try the Hibachi Dining one evening, soon.

There are newer reviews for Koto Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate in the "dining" area rather than the hibachi section. My husband had crispy duck/mango salad and sushi and I ate teriyaki. The service was fine, the food was good, the prices weren't a bargain, but were not unreasonable either. I probably wouldn't go there again, just because we like to sample lots of different places. It was good, but did not stand out, in my opinion.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Sushi is surprisingly very good! It's the only reason I go here. The specials are truly delicious.
Everything else is pretty average for a 'hibachi' type of experience. Not my thing, I prefer quality over the whole show.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I love to go there for any occasion, best price is early bird - before 6:00 pm! Just love the cooks and having your food cooked right in front of you!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Delivers, which is great! Awesome hibachi food and super delicious gourmet sushi. Kind of expensive, but when you're craving sushi, it's definitely worth it.