“A very pleasent surprise”
Review of Karma Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Karma Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stopped in Plattsburgh on a short vacation. We went out looking for a place to eat and ran into Karma. We had our doubts. We like Indian food and have eaten it many times. Being that it was in Plattsburgh we were somewhat skeptical. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent, If we ever spend a night in Plattsburgh again we will go back.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Who would have thought that you could find a good quality, friendly and enjoyable Indian restaurant in Plattsburgh...well Karma is the place! My family loves Indian food and try to experience it wherever we travel so the sign on Route 3 was a delight. The food was delicious, authentic and spiced just right. Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Buryani, Vegetable Somosas and the onion kulcha will bring us back again for sure. The friendly server, Rimple, was a pleasure to talk to and took care of us as though we were family at her house for dinner.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place is horrible. They are rude, the food is disgusting, and their is a reason they never have anyone there. I have seen first hand the kitchen and if a dish is dirty, they are ordered to use it without recleaning it. The guy that owns this place owns two slummy motels, what does that tell you? Would not eat here again if my life depended on it!

1  Thank Chi H
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Having lived in or traveled to many metropolitan cities where Indian cuisine is available, I missed that wonderfully flavorful food while living in upstate NY for 6 months. Then I came upon Karma in Plattsburgh, and what a surprised! I had expected a run of the mill experience, but instead discovered one of the top Indian restaurant I have ever been to! The first time I went for lunch and tried the buffet. The dishes looked simple and yet blended wondeful flavor. Our next trip to Plattsburgh, I would eat nowhere else and arrived there for dinner. We ordered Lamb Korma, Chicken Chutney Walla, and Kadai Paneer with parantha and onion kulcha bread.It was so good, we ordered another set of the meat dishes to go. We could taste the tangy marinade used for the chicken chutney walla and all sauces were well reduced - no runny sauces here!
We will continue to come here in years to come!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We heard some great reviews from a friend about Karma but I was skeptical at first as I haven't been impressed with the quality of food at Indian restaurants. We made a trip from Burlington, Vermont as we had some errands to complete in Plattsburgh. My wife wanted to try this place, so we ended up having dinner on Saturday evening with the kids.

The young lady who happens to be the owner's daughter was our server and she was very friendly and catered to our needs promptly. She suggested a chicken curry dish called Chicken Chettinad which was excellent. We also had a sizzling plate of Tandoori Chicken, Lamb Biryani, some raita, papadum, and assorted breads. Every single dish was delicious and well prepared.

I'm not sure what's the deal with the negative reviews, but as an Indian who is picky with Indian food, this place passed the test and is definitely worth the visit. Service was excellent as well. Keep in mind that it takes a while to cook Indian meals from scratch, but they have the process down and have some extra help. After all, they are not fixing macaroni and cheese here! We'll be back!