Tripadvisor
Plattsburgh

“Group visit, great spot, excellent service, fair prices, good chow”
Review of Hobie's Sports Den

Hobie's Sports Den
Order Online
Ranked #13 of 143 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Description: We love craft beer and are always changing our taps. We serve specialty pizzas, burgers and sandwiches! With a pool table and dart board, in a family friendly atmosphere, we have something for everyone!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Going away party on a Sunday night. We were given an exclusive space with plenty of over run area to sit/stand (my buddy was more famous than I thought).
Rachel was simply awesome. She was on top of the service, the food was prompt and good.
If you want to have an event in downtown Plattsburgh this place is highly recommended.
Did I mention that Rachel was awesome?

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (58)

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

I met friends after work for some casual conversation along with drinks and food. The staff is great and friendly and the food is also good. A great place to hang out with buds.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2019

We came here twice in September—once on our way to Quebec and then once on our way back. As we strolled around looking for a place to eat, we found this place appealing because of the number of people eating there. We were so pleasantly surprised with our first experience here, we decided to return. Both times, we were here for lunch, and , although it was very busy, the atmosphere for lunch was fairly quiet and family-oriented. This is a bar with lots of tables in front, back, and outside (in good weather), so I really can’t say how it would be in the evening. The menu selections were quite varied and I would say there has to be something for everyone on this menu! Both times, our food was great and the service was excellent. I highly doubt that we will be in Plattsburgh anytime again soon, but we will definitely come here again if we happen to be in the area.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 6, 2019

We stopped here for a slice based on the recommendation of a local. The crust was crisp and chewy and the pizza was not oily. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Pleasantly surprised at a good slice of pizza in what seemed to be a college bar. It was good enough that we went back for a second slice after our event !

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed June 23, 2019

We stopped here on a warm Friday night. It was the busiest spot in the area. You could tell by the way folks were sitting comfortably and chatting that this was a Place where you take your time and enjoy good drinks and grub.

And we did. Dmitri was our server, he did an excellent job keeping drinks filled, meeting our specific needs and providing great recommendations.

Their meaty chicken wings were my favorite. I’m a buffalo sauce guy but he brought some of his house sauce to dip (creamy...hot and slightly sweet). I loved the combo.

We’ll be back next time we’re in town, for sure.

Date of visit: June 2019