“Great relaxing stay.”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Ballston Lake NY
“Great relaxing stay.”
Reviewed February 7, 2010

The room was neat and clean. We stayed in the suite with hot tub. The hot tub was large, clean, and relaxing. The staff was extremely friendly. We had a problem with our vehicle when ready to depart. They offered a jumpstart and offered us our room until our vehicle was ready. This hotel was by far one of the best ones we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed here for one night in December 2009 when we were passing through the area. It was right off I-87, with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly, and the room was great! It was spotlessly clean, and the sliding door made it really easy to take care of our dog. We were a little anxious about traveling with a pet but the hotel made it a breeze. The bed was really comfortable and there were tons of pillows. Breakfast the next morning was great too. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Beware. If you post a bad review, the owner of this motel will contact you and harass you. I took down my first review, but I am writing another one.

I went to Plattsburgh for the weekend with my 2 teenage daughters, and 1 of their teenage friends. The amenities in Plattsburgh are nothing great, and this seemed to be one of the better choices. We were so wrong.

The room we were placed in was right across from a boys hockey team. They were so loud and noisy and no employee would stop them. Not only were they loud, but the parents were smoking and drinking beer in the hallway.

I will admit it. I smoke. I smoked one single cigarette in the bathroom with the fan on, and then I went outside as my daughters their friend were complaining. One cigarette could not cause such a stench that the linens had to be dry cleaned. Give me a break. I was charged $350 dollars because of that fake charge. They will steal your money. The manager was very rude when I called to ask about the suspicious charge. I did not recieve any phone calls, all I got was a 350$ dollar charge on my credit card bill.

My guess is that they saw me smoking outside and abused that.

This place is shady, and for the nearly $500 we spent there ($350 unwillingly, have you).. we could have stayed in an actual hotel, not a motel. I will never be staying there again. It already smelled when we came in, the decor is outdated, and I would much rather stay at a Mariott or HIlton in Burlington just across the water.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank AllieLoves
USA
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Very conveniently located off I87. Comfortable, clean bed. A beautiful large indoor pool with all of the ammenities...towels, chairs, games for the kids. The breakfast was more than decent. A huge variety of foods to choose from. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed June 26, 2009

My family and I stayed here with another family and we booked poolside rooms (4 adults and 4 children total). There is an indoor heated pool and they have rooms that have a balcony door that opens directly to the pool area. I read all the reviews ahead of time and was aware that this hotel allows pets, but was not aware that pets are allowed in ALL rooms (i would expect that they would have designated rooms set aside for those traveling with pets due to allergies, noise, etc.). I guess it's my fault for not asking when I booked the room...just assumed that dogs would not be allowed in poolside rooms since the door from our room opens to a balcony in the pool area. My youngest son is allergic to dogs and cats and suffered the entire night. The person staying next to us had a dog in their room and a few times even brought him out to the pool/deck area outside our balcony door. My son is also very afraid of dogs and would not leave our balcony to go down the steps to the pool because the dog was right at the entrance to the pool. When I questioned the desk at check out, they said their policy is to try to keep dogs on first floor rooms if possible, but they will allow them in any rooms. Personally, I think poolside rooms should not allow pets at all since other travelers should not have to contend with a pet in the pool area. I wonder if they would allow pets to attend the continental breakfast as well??

All in all, a great hotel and we had no other complaints other than the pet problem and the fact that the pillows were the worst I have ever encountered. I will be sure to bring mine from home next time. The poolside room are wonderful and very convenient with children since you don't have to trek all the way down to the pool (you are already there). Plus, the adults could enjoy time on the balcony outside our room while still watching our children in the pool and game room. Continental breakfast was good too.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Roberval, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I went to that place last weekend and it was more than great. My kids loved the inside pool with towel service. Their continental breakfast is more than accurate and we had very confortable beds.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Our midget (high school age) hockey team stayed here for a recent tournament in Rouse's Point. The hotel has apparently done some upgrading from previous negative comments, as we were pleasantly surprised. There was a Hilton-type feel to the rooms, from the bedding, to the arched shower curtain rod, to the fan-folded facecloths and the cookies at check-in. We had a ground floor room, with a sliding door to the parking lot which made loading the car much easier. Upper floors had balconies on which players could air out their hockey equipment. The only down side was non-soundproofed rooms. One of the other hockey teams was quite noisy all night long. The pool and office/computer room were well-used by our youth. The two restaurants on site were very convenient. The morning full breakfast was wonderful. We made use of the free wireless internet. All in all, a mostly pleasant experience (absent the noisy hockey families).

• Stayed March 2009