“GREAT AS ALWAYS”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Kahnawake, Canada
“GREAT AS ALWAYS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at the best western all the time. Comfortable,clean,wonderful pool and arcade. the staff is very friendly and good location right next to the mall and connected to a restaurant and the breakfast is okay it could be better. But a great hotel to stay at...Hope this helped.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us over the years. I also appreciate the fact that you use TripAdvisor as it is helpful to us in hospitality as well as the consumer.

Safe travels to you and your family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Napierville, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Since my wife and I have been going to the Best Western Plus The Inn at Smithfield, we wouldn't even consider going anywhere else. We always have a pleasant stay and absolutely no complaints. Excellent quality for the price and very friendly staff!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
It was nice of you to comment on your stay in TripAdvisor. I appreciate your loyal support over the years and will be sure to share your comments with our staff.
Safe travels to you and your family.
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Perfect location - very friendly, helpful staff - close to everything!! Restaurant attached to hotel, 99 is excellent!!! Try the steak - the best I've had!! You can walk everywhere - mall, price choppers, bed, bath and beyond!! Will stay again next time we go to Plattsburgh - price is very reasonable!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for staying with us and for using TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the steak at the 99 restaurant.
I will be sure to pass it on to the staff. Safe travels to you and your family.
INVERNESS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great hotel and staff. Clean, comfortable. We've stayed many times in the past and always been happy. But this time, our flight was leaving late afternoon, so we planned to vacate our room but stay on the property and enjoy the pool and game room area. OH NO, once you are no longer a "GUEST" you are no longer 'allowed' in that area. So, we left and went just down the street to the Comfort Inn where they have a great water park, arcade, mini bowling and mini putt putt golf and were welcomed there to pass the time!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I apologize for this as the front desk attendant was well intentioned but wrong in her interpretation of the law which governs the use of the swimming facility. I have already taken steps to clarify the intent of the New York State regulations regarding non-supervised swimming pools.
Our pool is authorized only for the use of our guests because of that we do not have a life guard on. We are not allowed to have people who are not guests use the facility.
Since you were a guest the previous night and were delayed I consider you still a guest and therefore authorized to use the facility during your wait.
Again I apologize for my failure to properly instruct the staff member and all of the staff regarding this interpretation. All staff members have been briefed on this correction.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

excellent hotel and service If I had alot more money I would stay for a longer period of time. I really enjoyed my stay I had my grandchildren and nephew and they loved breakfast and the pool I loved the breakfas and the pool myself. I am going to try and do the gym area a little later so i can introduce new things to my grandchildren. They are five and nine and my nephew is 13. They have a week off of school and i am trying to do things witht hem to keep them happy.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a survey through TripAdvior. I am glad you are enjoying your Grand-Children it is a special time.
Safe travels
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My family comes to the inn at smiths field almost every year during Christmas time, just for a little getaway.

It's a great hotel, nice cozy rooms, friendly staff, nice pool area, great breakfast and good location for restaurants and shopping.

Looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed February 2014
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you very much for using TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoy your Holiday getaway at the Inn.

Safe travels to you and your family
Wappingers Falls, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been visiting Plattsburgh and staying at the Best Western and Inn at Smithfield a few times each year for several years. It has been a consistently family-friendly hotel with a great pool, a large business center/living room area and good breakfast on site (included). It was in need of updating and some improvements are noticeable. The carpets are new and the lighting fixtures are upgraded. There were some very disappointing elements of the remodel. Many of us travel in groups of 2 adults and 2 children, the rooms that were available to us had two double beds, instead of two queen beds. There was plenty of room for two queen beds and I wonder what drove the decision to use double beds. The beds were very comfortable but much less accommodating for family travel. I was also disappointed to see that the extra sink, outside the bathroom, had been removed and replaced with a mirror. That sink was so convenient for couples or families traveling together. While we will continue to stay there when we visit Plattsburgh, I wish all of the " upgrades" reflected more consideration of the reality of family travel.

Room Tip: The Poolside rooms tend to be noisy, but very convenient if you have swimming children. Keep in min...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry you were disappointed with the renovations I have done.
The reason we still have full sized beds is because I just replaced all 202 box springs and mattresses prior to the order and installation of the carpet, lighting package, wall decor, closet doors, new furniture and elevator. Being a single owner I am constantly renovation facilities ones you see and those you don't see. I agree if I had to do over again I would have changed the size of the beds to queens and will attempt to do so in the future. This will also require new sheets and top covers so the change for a single owner is quite significant.
We did not eliminate the second sink in any room that already had them. I believe your prior stays must have been in our South Wing which has the double sinks.
We do have 8 large two room suites with King and sofa beds, two smaller two room suites with queen and sofa beds and 22 smaller rooms with one queen size bed.
Thank you very much for your input I do appreciate it.
Safe travels to you and your family.