“Phenomenal Customer Service and Accomodations”

Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The staff at the Best Western Inn at Smithfield, Plattsburgh are friendly and efficient! The housekeeping service was excellent and the workout room is nice. The business area/lounge area is very cozy and the hotel is conveniently located next to the 99 Restaurant, which is always delicious eats. I really enjoy the large indoor pool the hotel has an amenity.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for using TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at a Best Western in southern NJ and in Conway SC on our way to take my daughter to college in SC. Both motels had dated interior and exterior décor. the rooms were clean and the staff friendly, but the rooms definitely need to be updated especially in Conway SC. The Plattsburgh Best Western was much nicer than the others. they had complimentary cookies a check-in and a better breakfast than the other motels.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel on TripAdvisor. I was nice of you to recognize our efforts to keep the hotel contemporary and well maintained. I will be sure to pass on to the staff.

I am glad you enjoyed the cookies and our complimentary hot breakfast. Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Last time I was there was back in the late 80's when it was a Hojo. It changed name a few years ago. Best part of the hotel is the Poll area, it's big and clean. Ping pong table and a few arcades machines. It's missing a hot tub. You can even get a room with an balcony right on the pool. Great for kids. The rest of the hotel is ok, rooms are small. It was clean. Some of it had been renovated and part of it felt like the 80's. Overall the hotel is OK but for the same price I find there are at least 3 better places to stay in plattsburgh.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for using TripAdvisor to report on your stay. You are correct I changed from Howard Johnson to Best Western in 1998. I am glad you enjoyed the pool and recognized the fact that we are constantly renovating. We have renovated the infrastructure heating, communications, support equipment which you do not see and now we are completing the parts that you do see by installing an elevator, new room furniture and public space carpeting to name a few things we have done this and past years.
In addition to the 22 smaller rooms we have 18 large King size bedded rooms, 76 large Double bedded rooms, and 10 large two room suites six of which have the in room Jacuzzi which you missed in our pool area.
Thank you for your opinion and input. Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were there for a couple of nights in January 2014 - comfortable beds, nice breakfast, wifi. Loved the pool and game room. Close to everything - shopping, restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Definitely going back as this hotel is priced right and has all the amenities you could ask for.

Room Tip: pack a bathing suit you'll love the pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

I appreciate the time it takes to provide feedback through TripAdvisor. Thank you for using TripAdvisor.

I will be sure to have the staff see your comments as they enjoy seeing satisfied guests as much as I do. Thank you for acknowledging their efforts.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with a group for a local sports tournament. The Sales Director Lisa was exceptional in providing local information that was helpful as well as great information about what the hotel offered. The cleaning staff did a great job as did the maintenance crew. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The location is ideal as you could go to the local mall or find a restaurant easily - nice when you are not from the area or have a group of students or kids to entertain on your visit. The breakfast was quite good as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind letter to our Sales Director. We have shared it with the staff. I also appreciate the time it takes to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. We value your input

Safe travels to you and your family

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My son who is going to be 12 in March has already asked if we can go explore the western part of the Adoriondacks and he wants us to use this Best Western as a accomadations after going out sight see. We had a great time when we were there in August. He talks about seeing the sites, going in the pool and this little boy who loved to talk with him The little boy pretended to make pizzas using the one of the airconditioners as his pizza oven. The pool is great pool. It is the shape of a pine tree, I asked about the price to have a room with pool access they are above our budget at this time but it would be nice to stay in one for the night. The rooms are clean comfortable and large. I told my kids that when the Best Western was built it was a Howard Johnsons. The amenties offered by this business were great we enjoyed the breaksfast and have the computers and business center right in the hotel next to where breaksfast was served. Best Western also gives a 10% off coupon for the Ground Round that with in walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you very much for the detailed review of my property. I am glad your son enjoyed the stay and look forward to seeing you this summer. I suggest contacting GoAdirondack.com as a web site that would be useful in planning your vacation. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of assistance.

A TripAdvisor Member
Malone, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great location close to mall/several restaurants. Rooms by the indoor pool help you forget the ice/snow. Friendly staff. Visit Plattsburgh several times a year and always stay at BestWestern. If you have not been there you don't know what you are missing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your thoughtful comments on my hotel. I appreciate the time to make those comments and for using TripAdvisor.