“good except for the loud heater”

Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Montreal, Canada
“good except for the loud heater”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My stay was good here , including the breakfast that is included,. but the heater in the room is very loud.! It kept me and my husband awake most of the night. If youre a very sound sleeper then this may not bother you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I appreciate the time it takes to complete the survey on TripAdvisor.....thank you. I will look into the noisy HVAC unit. Sometimes it is nothing more then a loose cabinet housing at other times parts need to be replaced.
Safe travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ogdensburg, NY, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stay at this Best Western in Plattsburgh, New York for business and personal. It is central location to the Adirondack mountains, Vermont, and to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This hotel is on Route 3 which is right next to the mall, Harley Davidson dealership, and many different restaurants. Another plus is it is very close to the Plattsburgh Airport, so it is a great place to stay if you are flying in and out of this airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for using TripAdvisor to report on your experience at my hotel. Our airport is going through another expansion so it will be able to offer even more flights. Safe travels!
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Bad.. I stayed two nights.. I was given a room at the end on the first floor... near the exit door.. Every time someone came in or went out the exit door would bang... I got three hours sleep that night.. There was no body wash/shower gel and I have stayed in many Best Westerns and all the ones I have stayed supply these... I had a tiny fridge when I am accustomed to the small fridge maybe 2.5 ft high this was less than half of that.. The next morning I flooded the bathroom while having a shower.. The water came through the shower curtain... very slippery ceramic floors and walls and nothing to grab onto getting out onto a flooded ceramic floor.. They blamed it on the shower angle.. I know it was fine as I had a shower this morning and all was fine... They did put in new shower curtain...They did adjust the door and I slept very well last night... The other thing is if someone is upstairs you can hear them using the bathroom.. When I asked for a reduction in my rate for the first night they refused me as I had already gotten a 15% off even though i booked at hotel and not online... Well everyone gets that price and not everyone had issues so I will never stay at Best Western Plattsburgh unless the manger at least tries to make it right by giving me a further discount for the night I had the 0roblems.. Staff at front desk were adamant that the manger or owner would have to give this to me they could not.. There were no eggs left for breakfast this morning at 9:15... I could have gotten the same rate at Comfort Inn had I known it was going to be this bad...
Staff are friendly I agree the room is so so clean.. I did not make a fuss over this... Hampton Inn Micro-hotel is even better.. With little sleep the first night it really did not make my day yesterday.. I had many things planned but too tired to really shop.. Louise B

Room Tip: the A/C blows across your bed ..
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for providing me with feedback on your stay at my hotel. The general manager and front desk staff as well as my personal observations on property has kept me abreast of your issues. I am sorry that our best efforts to please you were unsuccessful. We do have curved shower curtains but when the shower head points outside the tub area water can get on the floor if the shower curtain is not properly positioned. I am sorry the noise of entrance door openings disturb you. We did have maintenance adjust the door slightly but for security reasons it is important to have it close fully. It is unfortunate you did not take our offer of relocating you to a room further away from the entrance which would have also had a larger refrigerator. I was consulted about your threat to complain on social media if you did not get a further discount above the 15% you negotiated at check in. Based on the facts from my staff and my personal observations I decided that any further discount to reduce your price would be inappropriate. You have every right to make statements or accusations and I respect that right.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at my hotel but wish you safe travels
Quebec City
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the way back from a trip to Florida. The room was very small (112). So smal that there wasn't enough room between the TV unit and the patio door forthe work table so it was pernendicular to the wall.
The bed was comgortable however and the breakfast was good.
I feel that I paid a bit too much for what I got.

Room Tip: Don't get room 112.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for providing me with feedback through TripAdvisor. You were assigned to our smallest room. We only have 22 of them out of 126 rooms and suites. We do have 18 King bedded rooms, 78 double bedded rooms all of which are considerably larger and 10 large two room suites in addition to the 22 smaller queen bedded rooms.
Thanks for your compliments and safe travels
INVERNESS
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have stayed here several times and have always had a pleasant experience. They have very nice rooms, the entire hotel..... lobby, hallways, pool area, vending area, parking lot are very neat and clean. Rooms are large and have comfy beds and linens. Bathrooms are ample sized with a tub/shower combo with plenty of hot water. They even provided us a crib at no charge for the grand babe. Breakfast was great --- plenty of choices to please the majority of folks. Nice hot food to get our day off to a great start. Nice location, close to shopping and dining within walking distance!! Will stay again and again and again. The only time I haven't stayed is when they are booked and am forced to stay 'down the road"..........

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments and in depth review. I will be sure to pass it along to the staff
Safe travels and Happy Halloween!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Unless you like to have the heat system fan ventilating air directly on your bed, hear the snoring and washing of next room clients, hear road trafic, and be somewhat insulted by a young manager, I strongly recommend you go somewhere else. At least part of this place is a poorly renovated motel. It was the most expensive and only bad place we stayed during that week.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and did not like what I have done to my property over the years. I am currently installing new corridor and public space carpeting, putting in an elevator and installing 70 rooms of new furniture.

It sounds to me that you were in a connecting room as all of our walls are fireproof, insulated 10 inch concrete block walls with finished sheet rock on either side. We only have a few connecting rooms out of the 126 rooms. There are two thin locked doors between the rooms and they are not as sound proof as a continuous wall.

I am most concerned that you were "somewhat insulted" by a manager. I will attempt to find out more details and take appropriate corrective action as I do not have any of your personal information. Please feel free to provide me with further details if you are comfortable in contacting me.
Safe travels to you and your family
Grand Island, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My son is a Senior at Plattsburgh State, we have been staying in this hotel every time we visit (3-4 times throughout the year) for the last 4 years, it has everything we expect, great pool, nice, clean rooms and a great location! Would recommend it to all our family and friends! Will miss it when he graduates in May 2014!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for your business over the past four years. I appreciate the time it takes to participate in surveys by TripAdvisor. I see you are in the last year at PSU. Congratulations on your son's accomplishments. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff.
Safe travels!