“Extremely courteous staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Eastsound, United States
“Extremely courteous staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent a 3 day Labor Day weekend here, to avoid being on the roads. Though the hotel was very busy with 3 wedding parties, the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The room was spotless and quiet, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was excellent with a good variety of both hot and cold items. The pool was a good size for actually swimming and was very, very clean. All in all, we could not have found a better place to stay for the 3 days - we are on our way from Washington State to Newfoundland and really needed a good break.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Anita W
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
WOW you are on quite a trip from Washington State to Newfoundland. Thanks for staying with us and providing input on your stay. I hope you had a great trip home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kahnawake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a very good experience, spent two nights at hotel. Staff are very friendly, helpful, rooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable with lots of pillows. Have a breakfast bar, coffee tea available at all hours. Swimming pool is great, clean at all times and easy to access, exercise room and sitting area with computer access in lobby.

Room Tip: Can get rooms pool side if enjoy being right next to pool and games.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolynn J
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for using TripAdvisor to provide comments to the public and to me as owner. It helps all of us.
Potsdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always look for a BW hotel when in NY State. Have not tried BW in other states yet. I like the pool very much. It’s very kid-friendly, but I wish it had a bathroom attached to it. We prefer the suite but the little kids don’t like being separated from us (grandparents) at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Potsdam_Sr
I am glad you enjoyed the pool with the Grandchildren. Your suggestion about bathrooms is valid but unfortunately at this point difficult if not impossible to add one in the pool area. We have 12 pool side rooms and the pool is centered in the middle of the property that makes it a little more convenient.
Thanks for using TripAdvisor and i wish you safe travels for you and your family
Auburn, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I think when something is broke it should be fixed right away not ignored. It is a real inconvenenience to have to walk from room 247 all the way to the front desk because You cant get into Your room. The front desk person said they would have it fixed. When I returned from work it was still broken and it took Me at least 6 tries before I got into My room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry you had a problem with your key card in entering your room. I can assure you it was not my intention to not listen to you. Seeing that I know the room number I can research and see what we did to fix your problem with the lock. A log is kept at the front desk so that we can look back and follow through.
Please feel free to contact me with further details at the hotel
Thank you for using TripAdvisor and safe travels to you and your family
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for move-in weekend for my college student. Room was spacious. Pool looked big and nice and actually clean. But we didn't go into pool or use it. Rooms were nice. I loved the "clean tv remote" control which was encased all in plastic so that it can be thrown in a dishwasher or something (usually I bring a ziplock bag cause the remote has many many many many germs.

The room seemed outdated. The AC was old and loud. The room walls were very thin...we heard everything going on in the room next to us.

Breakfast was very crowded. There weren't enough tables. They had outdoor seating as well that was full. When I go down there at 8 a.m. the wasn't any coffee in the urns. I had to find someone to ask them for coffee. That seemed quite ridiculous. The "hot" food bins were empty. A person finally showed up that worked in this area and was very consumed with filling the yogurt and cereal stuff....not the hot stuff.

It served it's purpose...but I'd rather stay at the Hampton Inn there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to us through TripAdvisor. While I am glad your stay was OK please feel free to contact me at the property with any suggestions on how I might improve your impression of my property.
Safe travels to you and your family.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have spent mulitple nights in multiple hotels across the US (and Europe) and our room (130) was well above average. While the hotel is not new, it appears to be well maintained. The reception staff folks were friendly and very helpfull with directions. We will definately return on our way back from Canada.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee J
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will stay with us again upon your return from a trip to Canada,

Thanks you for acknowledging our efforts to keep the property contemporary and clean.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in Room 255 or 6 - I don't remember. But the room we had is HUGE! My little one had the space to stretch out and play in the room. My wife and I were happy.

Everything in the room was professional and in top condition. We had stayed in another Best Western in the same trip earlier and this one is definitely better.

Breakfast was included and it was nice, with many options - we went back to the waffle iron multiple times.

Unfortunately we were so busy sightseeing that we did not spend any time in the pool, which looks very very nice. I wish we had more time.

We enjoyed staying at this hotel and will definitely go back again when we are in the area in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your business and for using TripAdvisor to provide me with information about your stay. I am glad you had an opportunity to see the area as the Adirondack Coast of the Lake Champlain Basin is something we all love.
Safe travels!