“Adequate For A One Night Stay”

Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
coopersburg pa
“Adequate For A One Night Stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our party of two couples stayed only one night and found this hotel to be average. I had made arrangements to be picked up by the hotel shuttle at the train station. Our train arrived about 15 minutes late, yet no shuttle service was waiting for us. The train station was closing, leaving us to wait outside, so we opted to take a taxi (a $15.00 cost), not sure if the shuttle was coming to pick us up. When we got to the hotel, we were told the shuttle was on the way to pick us up. So how long should guests wait to be picked up? The rooms were clean and comfortable, but the heating/ac units are noisy and did hinder a good nights sleep. Staff at this hotel are very friendly, helpful and caring people. We did use the hotel shuttle to return to the train station and had an enjoyable ride with a delightful young lady to transport us. Breakfast was standard fare, nothing outstanding to note.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for using TripAdvisor in addition to our own survey we use.
As discussed with you in e-mails yesterday the train was late and we did send a staff member to pick you up. He also had to pick up a traveler at the airport. With the train being late he went to the airport first and was on his way to pick you up at the train station when you were taking a taxi.
The HVAC unit in your room was inspected and I believe most of the noise may have been generated by a loose cabinet on the frame of the unit.
I am sorry you felt our complimentary hot breakfast with eggs and meat was only standard. I am always looking for ways to improve our complimentary hot breakfast for our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have stayed at this particular hotel many times and our stays have consistenly been excellent. This hotel has a swimming pool, laundry area (just one washer/dryer), exersise room which is adequate, two restaurants, one of which is attached to the hotel- The Ninety-nine and The Ground Round Grill is a few steps out the back door adjacent to this hotel.
We like several things about this hotel. First, the selection of restaurants nearby makes it very convenient if you don't want to drive, second, the price is usually reasonable for the rooms and third, every time with have responded to the survey that is sent after your stay, we have received a personal reply from the owner, whether the survey was good or bad. I find this to be rare these days, the fact that someone actually cares what we think and takes the time to respond. Kudos! Thus, we feel that this Best Western is a great value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for using TripAdvisor and your very favorable comments about my hotel. We really do try our best to listen to what our guests and staff are saying regarding our business. Thank you for acknowledging those efforts. These comments allows us to be more aware of issues that may occur and corrected quickly or pass on compliments to the staff where appropriate.
Safe travels!
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a evry good stay. The room are very nice and clean the people are so friendly and will be there again.Love the breakfast The hotel is one of the best in town and price is great. Will tell all my friends to stay therethey will have the best time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kenneth G
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out the survey and using TripAdvisor. It was very nice of you to acknowledge the staff and I will be sure they see your comments.
Thank you for your business and support
Chateauguay, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at this location and we're never disappointed. The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We had a king room, top floor near the pool, which we didn't get to use on this trip but we have used it in the past and enjoyed it. They also have the best breakfast in any hotel we've ever stayed at. I plan on keep going back!!

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on the other side of the building where its quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about the staff and our property. I will be sur eto share with the staff
I also thank you for using TripAdvisor for providing us feedback on your stay. It is of great value to the traveling public as well as being very useful to us as owners and operators.
mascouche
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stay at hotels frequently (50 times per year). This hotel gives you the best bang for you buck. It is clean, breakfast better than most and the staff is very cordial.Any one booking here should make sure front desk is aware of their preferences to avoid area with more noise (pool area) or second floor if not suitable. My wife has used the pool on many occasions and has never experienced any problems , Hotel is close to Lake Champalin, nice place to visit during summer time.

Room Tip: Usually stay on first floor, not close to the pool. Pool area is great for families but have noticed...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for using TripAdvisor. I know it takes time to fill out the survey but we really like to get input and react to any issues. Good advice about the pool area.
I appreciate the comments about the Inn and our staff and I will be sure they see them
Intervale, NH
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went there primarily to watch the figure skating world championships on the CBC (Canadian station). Although my husband is an Elite Level member we were not upgraded even though hotel only about 1/4 full. We had a tiny room with one queen bed that cost $100 (off-season), heating system didn't work very well, either too hot or too cold. Had to ask for an extra blanket. Only one set of scratchy white towels. The window and door to an interior corridor let in cold air. Wanted to use the pool but a group of young boys were rough housing so gave it a pass. Breakfast had lots of fake items (whipped margarine instead of butter, fat-free yogurt with artificial sweetner), no bananas. Tried to print off some paperwork in the business room and one computer wouldn't open and the other wouldn't print. Perhaps the young kids playing there the evening before and that morning caused the problems. Spoke to the woman at the front desk who apologized but didn't offer to let me print off their machines from my thumb drive. The only saving grace was the ability to watch CBC and play Latvian TV coverage from my computer onto the room TV.

Room Tip: second floor and facing away from Interstate
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I apologize for our staff missing an opportunity to upgrade you to an available room because . I will look into why this occurred and take appropriate corrective action.
The room you were assigned to is a small room normally assigned to a single traveler who will not be there a long time. There are 22 of those small rooms out of 126 rooms, ten of which are large two room suites.
I will look into your complaint about a drafty room and as of this moment I do not have an explanation for this.
Since this is a single bed queen bed room we only supply two sets of bath linen and I am sorry you found them scratchy. We gladly will provide additional towels upon request.
We do run out of bananas occasionally because of their popularity. We do find the vast majority of our guests do enjoy what we offer at breakfast and I am sorry you did not like what I serve.
Finally I will take appropriate corrective action with the front desk staff regarding not assisting you printing a document from your thumb drive. There maybe a valid reason for our inability to do that since we have recently upgraded computer systems and have some non compatible situations we are resolving.
Thank you for your input and for using TripAdvisor. I appreciate the time it takes to complete these surveys.