Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsground roundpool sideattached restaurantlarge indoor poolgreat poolgreat place to stayeasy accesswafflesbed was very comfortableplattsburgh areabreakfast areaclean roomsnice roomparking lotwould definitely stay here againplattsburgh nyfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at this location and we're never disappointed. The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We had a king room, top floor near the pool, which we didn't get to use on this trip but we have used it in the past and enjoyed it. They also have the best breakfast in any hotel we've ever stayed at. I plan on keep going back!!

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on the other side of the building where its quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the staff and our property. I will be sur eto share with the staff
I also thank you for using TripAdvisor for providing us feedback on your stay. It is of great value to the traveling public as well as being very useful to us as owners and operators.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stay at hotels frequently (50 times per year). This hotel gives you the best bang for you buck. It is clean, breakfast better than most and the staff is very cordial.Any one booking here should make sure front desk is aware of their preferences to avoid area with more noise (pool area) or second floor if not suitable. My wife has used the pool on many occasions and has never experienced any problems , Hotel is close to Lake Champalin, nice place to visit during summer time.

Room Tip: Usually stay on first floor, not close to the pool. Pool area is great for families but have noticed older couples stay pool side frequently as they have patio table and chairs great for entertaining.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for using TripAdvisor. I know it takes time to fill out the survey but we really like to get input and react to any issues. Good advice about the pool area.
I appreciate the comments about the Inn and our staff and I will be sure they see them

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went there primarily to watch the figure skating world championships on the CBC (Canadian station). Although my husband is an Elite Level member we were not upgraded even though hotel only about 1/4 full. We had a tiny room with one queen bed that cost $100 (off-season), heating system didn't work very well, either too hot or too cold. Had to ask for an extra blanket. Only one set of scratchy white towels. The window and door to an interior corridor let in cold air. Wanted to use the pool but a group of young boys were rough housing so gave it a pass. Breakfast had lots of fake items (whipped margarine instead of butter, fat-free yogurt with artificial sweetner), no bananas. Tried to print off some paperwork in the business room and one computer wouldn't open and the other wouldn't print. Perhaps the young kids playing there the evening before and that morning caused the problems. Spoke to the woman at the front desk who apologized but didn't offer to let me print off their machines from my thumb drive. The only saving grace was the ability to watch CBC and play Latvian TV coverage from my computer onto the room TV.

Room Tip: second floor and facing away from Interstate
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I apologize for our staff missing an opportunity to upgrade you to an available room because . I will look into why this occurred and take appropriate corrective action.
The room you were assigned to is a small room normally assigned to a single traveler who will not be there a long time. There are 22 of those small rooms out of 126 rooms, ten of which are large two room suites.
I will look into your complaint about a drafty room and as of this moment I do not have an explanation for this.
Since this is a single bed queen bed room we only supply two sets of bath linen and I am sorry you found them scratchy. We gladly will provide additional towels upon request.
We do run out of bananas occasionally because of their popularity. We do find the vast majority of our guests do enjoy what we offer at breakfast and I am sorry you did not like what I serve.
Finally I will take appropriate corrective action with the front desk staff regarding not assisting you printing a document from your thumb drive. There maybe a valid reason for our inability to do that since we have recently upgraded computer systems and have some non compatible situations we are resolving.
Thank you for your input and for using TripAdvisor. I appreciate the time it takes to complete these surveys.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel for the week-end. I think among other Hotels this was a very good choice! Clean, Nice, Excellent Service. What you can ask more? Simply Amazing! Very nice room, and bathrooms! Amazing location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pino49
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your business and for using TripAdvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to fill out the surveys and providing us feedback. I will be sure to share with staff.
Safe travels