“Excellent motel for the price.”

Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Napierville, Quebec, Canada
“Excellent motel for the price.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Very nice pool area! Excellent serve yourself breakfast with a very nice choice. Great coffee. I especially appreciated the fresh fruit salad. The only thing that I would change would be to install 'warmer' light bulbs in the rooms - something more yellow or amber. I find that the white lighting gives a cold impression. Who knows - could possibly save some money on heating costs with lighting that gives a warmer impression.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you very much for comments and for using Tripadvisor. I found it useful and never thought twice about the heat lamp. Upon replacement we will change to a colored bulb as suggested. In fact some of our rooms have them.
Thank you for your business and I wish you and your family a Happy Holiday season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Have stayed here before-always a great experience. Everyone is so helpful and friendly, rooms are clean and location is central for shopping. We LOVED the pool. Breakfast was awesome-included almost everything you could want.
My only disappointment was I did not get to see the dog as he was busy "working".
Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. If you want quiet you may request away from the pool on weekends and holidays...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your response and compliments. I read your response to my family as we own Jackson the dog you mentioned, they were very amused. Jackson is never too busy to come out to see you so let us know when you are available and if he is at work he will be glad to greet you.
ottawa,ontario
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We arrived around 1:30AM from Fort lauderdale's Spirit flight. The room ( 105) faced the massive indoor pool which was the highlight of the former Howard Johnson's. At $100 a night including fees and taxes who could complain? Yes the hotel is a bit dated here and there, if you want a fancier place then stay at The Hampton Inn up the road. This location will save you money and you are in the heart of the Upper Cornelia/ Route 3 shopping district, walking distance to all the restaurants and stores. The complimentary breakfast is good, waffles, scrambled eggs, and healthier options too.

This is our second stay both times flying out of Plattsburgh International. No complaints, however being a Marriott type of guy and owning Marriott time shares I heard that Fairfield suites plans to build, but that was two years ago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for using TripAdvisor and for using Plattsburgh International for your airport to Florida. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the comments.
Having owned and operated the hotel since its opening we have worked hard to keep our facilities current both from a design/furnishing point of view as well as from a technology point of view.
We also offer large two room suites which I think you would find quite comfortable and pleasing.
Thanks for your business
Montreal
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed in a queen bed, jacuzzi suite room.
Room was very clean.
Receptionist was a great help from beginning to end.
I just could not sleep because I heard every noise coming from the hallway and A/C / heater was making too much noise. but other than that, room was perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you very much for using TripAdvisor. I apologize for the quests who disturbed your sleep. Unfortunately not all people are aware that conversations and activities levels at home are not appropriate in a hotel.
If I can determine which room you were in I will check the noise level of the HVAC unit

Thanks again for your input and Happy Holidays
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We travel many times in a year and our stay at this Best western was pleasant and restful. Everything was OK for us. We have apreciated the breakfast, the location and the service as the cleanlyness.

This place is very convenient for shopping and for food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I appreciate your feedback through Tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to do this as your input not only helps fellow travelers but those of us in the Hospitality industry
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my first tim in a Best Western. Well located for shopping. Room was very small but clean. Bathroom is from the 1960s. Our room had a balcony with a sign that said "please do not smoke on the balcony" - yet no possible access (other than climbing out the window) to said balcony - weird right? Ample parking. Breakfast room was clean and well-stocked. The staff were polite and friendly. I did like the sanitary remote control, have never seen that before and I spend 150 nights a year in hotels. Beds have those DISGUSTING covers that do not get washed between guests.

Don't spend too much on this hotel (we got it for $60 on Priceline). The rooms are miniscule and they will not give you a larger bed or room simply because it was booked on priceline (girl at reception said so). We had to fit two adults and a 12 month old into a queen size bed, not fun. No crib was available, obviously.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for using Tripadvisor and providing input to me as an owner as well as your fellow travelers.
You are correct the room you booked at $60.00 was a room we allocated to Priceline at a price that was significantly less then what you paid. We do this with a limited amont of rooms based on what we believe will not be sold at the normal rate. That particular room is one of only 20 rooms of that size. We have 106 much larger rooms and two room suites for a total of 126 rooms and suites.

That room and the associated bathroom was built in 1965. We do renovate routinely and I believe we maintain them well and keep them current with design and electronic standards. Thanks for acknowldeging there cleanlinmess and maintenance.

One of those renovations involved the removal of the dated sliding doors opening to the former balcony and replacing them with a residential thermopane opening window. Unfortunately people have tried to smoke on the balcony thus the wiered sign about not smoking on the balcony.

I use what is called a top cover along with two sheets on teh bed in the room. The top cover allows for a more contemporary appearance along with a bed scarf at the foot of the bed. I assure you that all of that linen and top cover are washed after every occupant. We did away with bed spreads years ago for the very reason you mentioned.

I assure you we have larger rooms available but the rate package that you chose was for that small room. I am sorry that you felt I should offer you a larger room at that same price but that is not possible given the price we allocated to priceline for that room.
Bob Smith