Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We travel many times in a year and our stay at this Best western was pleasant and restful. Everything was OK for us. We have apreciated the breakfast, the location and the service as the cleanlyness.

This place is very convenient for shopping and for food.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

I appreciate your feedback through Tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to do this as your input not only helps fellow travelers but those of us in the Hospitality industry

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank ANTHONY D
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my first tim in a Best Western. Well located for shopping. Room was very small but clean. Bathroom is from the 1960s. Our room had a balcony with a sign that said "please do not smoke on the balcony" - yet no possible access (other than climbing out the window) to said balcony - weird right? Ample parking. Breakfast room was clean and well-stocked. The staff were polite and friendly. I did like the sanitary remote control, have never seen that before and I spend 150 nights a year in hotels. Beds have those DISGUSTING covers that do not get washed between guests.

Don't spend too much on this hotel (we got it for $60 on Priceline). The rooms are miniscule and they will not give you a larger bed or room simply because it was booked on priceline (girl at reception said so). We had to fit two adults and a 12 month old into a queen size bed, not fun. No crib was available, obviously.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for using Tripadvisor and providing input to me as an owner as well as your fellow travelers.
You are correct the room you booked at $60.00 was a room we allocated to Priceline at a price that was significantly less then what you paid. We do this with a limited amont of rooms based on what we believe will not be sold at the normal rate. That particular room is one of only 20 rooms of that size. We have 106 much larger rooms and two room suites for a total of 126 rooms and suites.

That room and the associated bathroom was built in 1965. We do renovate routinely and I believe we maintain them well and keep them current with design and electronic standards. Thanks for acknowldeging there cleanlinmess and maintenance.

One of those renovations involved the removal of the dated sliding doors opening to the former balcony and replacing them with a residential thermopane opening window. Unfortunately people have tried to smoke on the balcony thus the wiered sign about not smoking on the balcony.

I use what is called a top cover along with two sheets on teh bed in the room. The top cover allows for a more contemporary appearance along with a bed scarf at the foot of the bed. I assure you that all of that linen and top cover are washed after every occupant. We did away with bed spreads years ago for the very reason you mentioned.

I assure you we have larger rooms available but the rate package that you chose was for that small room. I am sorry that you felt I should offer you a larger room at that same price but that is not possible given the price we allocated to priceline for that room.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We understand that the price of rooms is going up in week end, but for someone who was already booked in, it is not too fair!For the same room you pay more? If you book-in on friday,or saturday it is different, than the week-end rate is motivated.
Otherwise, everything else was perfect.I hope my opinion will open a light.
Thank You, jean bergeron, quebec.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feed back. I checked the rate you book and in fact it was a discounted two night promotional rate for Thursday and Friday. The reason for the price change is that the prices for our rooms vary by demand and at that time increases on the weekends.
I did verify that the discounted % was applied to each room properly. Thank you for an opportunity to explain the discrepency

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed for two nights, traveling with our small dog. Room was adequate, beds comfy, but could use some nicer bedspreads. It felt like had only light sheets to sleep with. Our room was very clean except for one wall in the bathroom that looked like someone had sneezed all over it! Yuck! When mentioned to front desk problem was solved immediately. Breakfast was great with eggs and sausage. Pool area awesome for the kids.

• Stayed: November 2012
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We do use a top cover that forms to the contour of the bed rather then a duvet or bed spread. I will consider your recommendation for an additional light blanket and I will be sure one is available upon request.
I am glad our front desk responded to the need to immediately clean the wall. I will be sure appropriate training is reviewed with the staff. Attention to detail is always our biggest challenge.
I am glad you liked the pool and our breakfast.
I appreciate the feedback and thank you for using Tripadvisor

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel was great, it provided all we needed and was so comfortable. We had a suite which was a big bonus, but we thoroughly enjoyed, our three nights here. The pool wad a great feature and we were able to make the most of it while there.

Staff were really helpful and very friendly, they couldn't do enough to help. All in all its worth visiting Plattsburgh to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Good morning,
Thank you very much for your kind comments about my Best Western Inn at Smithfield. I will be sure our staff members also see your compliments. I also thank you for sharing your comments with not only your fellow travelers but also with us as owners and operators. It is very helpful.
Safe travels to you and your family

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We travel to Plattsburg about 20 a year and we have tried all the hotels in Plattsburg and area and so far nothing comes close this place. The retro pool area and arcade is awsome. I feel like a kid again when I'm there. It's like being down south. The pool is heated ( could be a little warmer in the winter ) and the pool area has lots of tables and chairs to chill in. Rooms are nice, especially beside the pool. Gym is better than all the other hotels ( they need to get free weights ). Breakfest is really good ( bring back the omelets please and stay open a little later like 11:am ). Staff are the best! The only problem is no hot tub. They should have one since all the other hotels have one. Get a hot tub. You have the space for it. The mall is right behind and all the other stores are this area.

Room Tip: Stay pool side. It's worth the extra 10 or 20 dollars.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you very much for using tripadvisor as it is helpful to all of us in the industry.
We maintain the temperature of the pool at 84 degrees be it summer or winter. The air temperature is maintained at about 85 degrees. We find these temperature settings to please most of our guests. With 55,000 gallons of water we can not adjust quickly.
I choose not to have free weights for safety purposes because the area is open to all guests. While we do not allow unattended children to be in the room occasionally that occurs. As you know we do have a universal weight machine available.
I am not able to extend the hours of breakfast past the current 10;30 am closing time.
I am sorry I do not feel the installation of a hot tub in an unsupervised public area is desirable . We do however have six suites with a jacuzzi in them.
Again thank you for your comments and your business.