“Outstanding business trip stay.”

Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Using the meeting room with its smartboard was an excellent experience! It is comfortable, clean and efficient. Having the beverages available helped the meeting go well, too.
The sleeping room, the separated lounge with screened area and two tables for laptops or just discussions with papers, the exercise room and the breakfast were, also, perfect!
The entire facility is spotlessly clean. The breakfast is excellent. All of the staff in all of the areas were very helpful and courteous. Parking is plentiful, easy and close to the entrances.
The price was reasonable.
I shall certainly stay there again whenever I am in the region.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your business kind comments about my property. I will be sure to pass them on to our staff.
I also thank you for using tripadvisor as it not only assists travelers but also us as owners and operators.
Sincerely
Bob smith

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This motel was our strategic stopover in our autumn weekend trip to the countryside of Vermont and New York centering around Lake Champlain and Lake Placid.

One cannot ask for more on the location of this motel, located in Plattsburgh next to Highway 87. There is two restaurants adjacent to it and more restaurants (Friendly and Appletree) across the street in a shopping mall housing Lowes, Price Shopper, Dollar Tree and KMart.

Arrived at 5.30pm and check-in was pretty fast. Room-wise, we got a pretty standard size room with one queen size bed, small fridge, microwave, couch, 36" flat screen TV, free wifi and a clean washroom. Bed is comfortable and room and washroom is very clean. The shower has decent pressure for someone to enjoy a nice hot shower after a long day of walking and traveling.-

There is a small exercise room, a business room (equipped with printer) and an indoor swimming pool. What we do enjoy here is the full hot breakfast where sausage, eggs, toast, fruits, yogurts, cereals, coffee, tea and make-your own waffle with lots of maple syrup. Oh coffee is available 24x7.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank E-TravellerCanada
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments and thank you for using Tripadvisor. We also have two other restaurants the 99 Restaurant and the Ground Round Grill and Bar which are on the site.
I hope you enjoyed the foliage.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a lovely property located right off of the main road and literally a few hundred feet from the shopping center.
The lobby is quaint and the front desk clerk that checked us in was very friendly and polite.
The pool area is really nice, with plenty of deck chairs and some arcade games for kids.
There is a wonderful business center in this hotel which I thought was a great perk. Lots of seating, a large screen TV, 2 computers with internet access and printers, as well as gym machines through a glass partition.
The free breakfast had a very nice selection of cereals, yogurts, waffles, eggs and bakery items.

Now the negatives:
The breakfast area is far too small. There were people standing outside waiting to get their food.
The standard rooms are very small. Barely enough room to walk around a queen bed. We were two adults and a toddler so it was cramped. And there was only one bath towel in the bathroom which I found very strange. For the rate they charge for their standard rooms, I would have expected something a little more comfortable. There are other similar hotels in the area that charge less an give nicer rooms.

Overall this is a nice, clean and safe property. If you need to stay for more than just one night, I suggest upgrading to a suite.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very small so ask for a larger room or a suite.
1  Thank r29c
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you very for using Tripadvisor to provide feedback. Thank you for your compliments to staff and about the facilities.
We have been very busy and I would agree that at times the breakfast area could have all 45 seats filled however we do offer the great room and during good weather the outdoor patio for additional seating.
The room you were assigned was one of 20 rooms of our 126 rooms. We have 18 king size rooms, 78 much larger double bed rooms and as you noted 10 large two room suites. Unfortunately we could only offer the smaller queen bed to you at the time.
Thank you for taking the time to use Tripadvisor

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not much to add to others' reviews. Good location, restaurant (Chili's-like) attached. Ground Round right behind hotel. Mall next door. Liquor store across the street. Every chain store imaginable along Route 3. 5 minutes from SUNY Plattsburgh. Rooms remodeled...pretty standard and very clean. Big...mine had a couch in it. Fridge, microwave, coffeemaker. Flat screen...but no remote...remote is a special sanitary remote that changes channels and volume. Nice indoor pool with tables and chairs and a video game area. Nice free breakfast...full...fruit ,yogurt, make your own waffles hard boiled eggs ...nice room for it...free USA today.....

Hotels in Plattsburgh are expensive....not worth it...but avoid the dumps....got my room off Priceline for $85...$104 with taxes and fees....website wanted $135 plus tax....use Priceline if you know you are not going to cancel...no hidden hotels in Plattsburgh...I knew I was either gonna get this one of a better one

Room Tip: An even number room faces the parking spaces...and the rooms have doors to the outside as well as in...
1  Thank cuzinbuzzy
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you very much for using Tripadvisor. You obviously know the area and I appreciate you choosing my property to stay. I appreciate the comment about the sanitary remote and glad you found it easily.
I wish you safe travels and look forward to having you and or your family as guests

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had booked two rooms here for a local wedding and was not excited about a second floor room without an elevator for my aging mother. Rooms facing an enclosed pool are never positive for non-pool users, and this was similar although no one using the pool kept the noise from being a factor along with humidity and odor. However, everything else was very adequate or better and the overall stay was good to very good. We don't like pillow top mattresses so the wife and I were not happy with sleeping on the new mattresses, but my mother and aunt were very happy with theirs, so you can't please everyone. The breakfast options were very good, but the room was crowded on the busy weekend days. We were pleased with service from staff on several requests, and the property was maintained well for its age.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room if you need accessible lodging, as no elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back through Tripadvisor. I appreciate the feedback and thank you for your comments about how we maintain this property. We are the most experienced and are constantly doing our very best to remain current with all design trends and technology. I appreciate your support.

We will be placing an elevator in the property within the next year or so.

We are in the process of replacing our mattresses with a firmer mattress and box spring. This is an on going process as we identify mattresses that need to be replaced. You are right it is not possible to duplicate the sleeping environment at home.

There are benefits and draw backs of being assigned a room poolside as you mentioned. We maintain the 55,000 gallons of pool water and air temperature at 84 degrees or the comfort of the swimmers.
Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed her from Sept 21-23. Megan at the front desk was very nice and pleasant to talk too. She even recommended a good Chinese restaurant in the area. Our room was on the second floor close to the pool which we were very happy about. The room was extremely clean and very spacious. The pool was great. It wasn't very busy so we had the pool to our selves most of the weekend. They also have a great breakfast that is served until 11am. We never had a problem getting a table and the food was always hot. I would gladly recommend this hotel to family, friends and co-workers. We're already thinking of coming back with the kids.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind comments about Megan and our property. I will be sure she sees your comments, and I appreciate the feedback through through Tripadvisor. Thank you for participating in social media.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

this was my first stay at this hotel. The property is well maintained. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. The location is right off of the highway and close to shopping and restaurants. There is a great breakfast included in you room rate and the indoor pool is well maintained. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: there are only 2 handicap rooms available so book early if you need one. There are a few rooms that...
1  Thank ALBennett
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your compliments about my property and for acknowledging our staff. I will be sure to share it with them.
Thank you also for using tripadvisor . Your comments are not only useful to fellow travelers but also to me and the hospitality industry.