“Staff Friendly, Clean location!”

Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel is right on the "main strip" of Plattsburgh, NY, with a host of other hotels.

The room, lobby area, breakfast area, business/office/relaxing area, common restrooms, and fitness room were all clean. No debris, dust, smudges, odors, etc.

Staff friendly and helpful. Wifi was intermittent during a period, but eventually that was resolved.

Breakfast was ample and typical of this type of hotel. Waffles, boiled eggs, different pastries and muffins, cold cereal, coffee and juice.

The pool area was immaculate, as was the fitness area. The business/office area (two computers, one printer) is adjacent to a relaxing station area, complete with sofa, chairs and tables. A large flat screen tv is also available.

I would and will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have children who like to swim, request a "pool room". Pricier than the regular roo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny W
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments I will be sure to share with the staff.

I also want to thank you for using tripadvisor as I know it takes extra time to make these comments. They are not only helpful to the the traveler but also to us as operators.

I wish you safe travels

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay at this Inn on Saturday August 11, 2012 while returning from a family vacation. I booked through Hotels.com and found out that they were Pet Friendly. Upon check-in the staff was short and ill tempered. When I mentioned that we have our family pet (a 25lb Dog) they proceed to hand me a one page contract outlining that we could not leave the dog unattended unless it was in a cage or travel carrier. Then they said there would be an additional charge. My daughter volunteered to dog sit while my wife and daughter went to dinner. The non-smoking room reeked of smoke and was damp. The air conditioner did not work and with a bass fishing competition in town leaving the windows open was not an option. The bathtub did not have any kind of non-slip mat and I almost knocked my teeth out when I slipped. The somewhat dated bathroom had a toilet paper dispenser that only a circus contorionist could use, and the toilet rocked back and forth. On the brighter side, the complimentary breakfast was well stocked and had a wide assortment of choices to catering to most tastes. Had we known that this was what we were paying $ 150.00 plus for a night, we would have left. With a multitude of choices in and around the Plattsburgh area, I would drive 50 miles extra to find a more comfortable and cost effective hotel.

Room Tip: If travelling with pets, call ahead and understand in advance what restrictions are in place. I have...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Waterlad
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Good afternoon,

I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay and I will be sure to show the front desk staff your comments. It would appear that they left an inmpression that is not common for us and it may have been caused by preoccupation with a busy weekend. That needs to be corrected and I will address the issue with them.
I am sorry our protocol for pet stays offended you and more importantly the way it was delivered to you. We have these policies for the consideration of guests, their pets, our staff and certainly others who are staying at the hotel.
We do havea policy of enforcing our non smoking rules which a smoker incurrs a $250.00 charge if we detect smoke in the room. I am sorry that we did not pick this up but I will try to find out what room you were in but the confidentiality of Expedia makes it difficult.

Thanks you for the information and for using trip advisor and I appreciate you taking the time to explain your concerns to me. I can be reached at the property please feel free to contact me should you desire.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I have started to stay at more and more Best Westerns. Part of the reason is that we know what we are getting when we stay at one. Plattsburgh didn't disappoint. Room was good, bed comfy. Breakfast was really good - more choices then most Best Westerns we have stayed in. It is within walking distance to some chain restaurants, the mall and Target. They have a few treadmills and exercise equipment that I used - it was "ok". The front desk person on our arrival wasn't overly friendly but got the job done. Overall - no complaints and would recommended the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happytravelin33
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your report on my hotel. I appreciate the extra time it takes to fill out the forms. The input is not only a value to those who travel but also to us as operators.
I hope you will continue to use tripadvisor with future stays
Safe travels

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stay here in Feb for a Valentine's day getaway.We had a room with a jetted tub.It was a regular room not a overpriced deluxe room,so it was just ok .The room needs to be updated,bed was old but room seemed clean.The pool was good,heated,clean and quiet.standard breakfast included.Overall just ok.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for using trip advisor about your stay with us 5 months ago.

I understand you felt the bed to be very old. We have a program that we use to inspect and replace the beds when necesary and I will see if that bed has been changed out and or rotated since your report.

In any event I am sorry it did not meet your expectations and i would urge you to bring to any hotel's attention any deficiencies as they are imprtant for timely resolution.

Again thank you for using trip advisor

Robert C Smith

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We only stayed one night, but had a clean, comfortable good size room at a reasonable rate. The complimentary breakfast was a pleasant surprise. They even had waffles (make your own). Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the pool, which looked nice.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pat S
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your business and for using tripadvisor. We really do find the input helpful and realize it takes extra effort to fill out surveys
Sincerely

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed with my wife and baby and it was perfect for the price we had. Clean and very good service. The pool is nice and it is close from all the shopping place in plattsburgh so waht can i say!

Didier

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank goddid
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your compliments and using trio advisor

Reviewed May 26, 2012

nice hotel, an older property, but still nice. Walking distance to the mall. we had sliding glass doors to the outside. we were on the bottom floor, but it was very quiet. Friendly staff. They also offer a 10% discount to 2 restaurants, which is a bonus. Overall, if you are looking to shop til you drop, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nineplatt, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you very much for using tripadvisor and your kind words. Yes we are an older property but we have kept pace with all the amenities and designs through the years including ones you don't see.
I appreciate your supportive comments
Owner