“Lovely”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Have eaten here many times and the food is always great. Friendly staff and well prepared food. They have a formal dining room but I have always eaten in the bar area which also has comfortable tables.

There are newer reviews for Anthony's Restaurant & Bistro

Reviewed September 6, 2013

you can always count on anthonys for old school class and quality food. the duck is great the drinks are really good. its the best restaurant in plattsburgh.service was really good. its really something classy

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not sure why I haven't submitted a review of this place until now. It's not for not going there repetitively over the years. I can't remember the first time I ate there and I can't count the times I have returned there.

Needless to say, I love this place. So does my wife. On a recent visit to celebrate our 39th anniversary, we had another great meal.

We have almost always eaten in the bistro, a back room and bar that has a wonderful rustic feel to it. The dining room is quite formal - white linen, etc. The bistro is less so. The bistro menu is less expensive even though the food clearly comes from the same kitchen. And if you want to, you can order from the dining room menu in the bistro, though I have rarely done so. The menus offer a variety of dishes - from a burger, to pasta, to excellent grilled and sautéed seafood, poultry and meats.

What makes this place is the sauces and flavors. The chef is clearly trained in French cuisine. Versions of hollandaise, béarnaise, and the like. The quality of the food is top notch and the freshness is there as well. Even the bread that is brought with the drinks is special - warm baguette that is fresh baked on premises.

And the desserts are great as well. Round that off with an extensive selective wine list and I can't say more except all of this comes with a very professional friendly warm service staff.

Not many people get to Plattsburgh, but if you go, go to Anthony's. Over 18 visits and I have never yet been disappointed.

1  Thank Tgold109
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed eating here! I would say it deserves to be number 1 in Plattsburgh but we did not eat at the Himalayan restaurant. The staff was very friendly and made some great suggestions for dinner and a planed day trip to Montreal. It is an Italian restaurant with a French flair. Crusty bread started the meal and water glasses were always kept full. 10 entrees were ordered and enjoyed during our two visits and none of them disappointed. I wish they were in my home town!!!

1  Thank John R
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Service was very good,I liked the atmosphere ,food was a little over priced but tasty.large wine selection good for all tastes and budget.sat late and were the last table of the night and did not feel rushed.