“Delicious!”

Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Anthony's Restaurant & Bistro is set within a remodeled nineteenth century farm house where we have been welcoming guests since 1980. We offer contemporary, European-American cuisine, graciously presented in an atmosphere of warm country elegance. With a choice of ambiance, guests can enjoy our relaxed casual Bistro Lounge or our intimate white table cloth Dining Room. Each of our menus are available throughout the restaurant.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was really pleasantly surprised. The inside is super unique, welcoming and cozy at the same time. There are many "levels" of dining. And best of all, the food is great. I had striped bass and wild boar cheek, and both were cooked to perfection. I could not have been happier with the meal. Oh, the blueberry pie could have been called a fruit course - loved it!

It seems like a very safe fine-dining choice in the area, i.e. there's nothing terribly inventive on the menu, but you're pretty much guaranteed a good meal no matter what you pick. Everything seems time-tested.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Being snobby NYC area types, we were quite surprised at finding such a great restaurant in Plattsburg. A special appetizer today was baked mushrooms made like escargot. A fabulous blend of flavors with garlic, olive oil and pignoli. All entrees were perfect and the wine list is extensive and approachable with many reasonable values. Service was professional but casual and attentive.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Had hoped for a great meal due to people saying it's the best restaurant in town. They guaranteed a dining experience in Plattsburgh!!! Went for dinner with the family. Had picnic ants constantly crawling on the table, but i guess that can happen anyplace where there is food. We order and ask that they bring the kid's (4 & 5 year olds) food as soon it is ready, as the kid's are young and restless. 20 minutes later the kid's food comes and the our steaks arrive about 20 minutes after that. Mine is perfect, my wife's Filet Mignon is not! They brought her a T-bone. We tell the waiter that it's not what she ordered. Due to the already lengthy wait, and the fact that the kids are done and getting cranky, my wife says not to make her steak. We will leave after i finish my meal. She had nothing but a soda. No salad ordered and no bread or anything was on the table. All that she had or was offered was the soda. The check comes and they charge us for the filet mignon that was never cooked. I bring this to the waiter's attention. Waiter goes off and comes back a few minutes later saying they can't remove the price of the steak but they'll give me a free desert to take home. Incredulously i decline. Waiter goes off again and returns with a second peace offering. 2 free pieces of pie for me to take home. What is this, "Lets Make a Deal"? I decline. I'm not paying for a steak that was never cooked nor delivered. I have no problem paying for her soda and the delivered meals, but I'm not paying for the invisible steak! Waiter comes back a third time saying that's all they can do. I ask for a manager, and explain the course of events, and he begrudgingly agrees to correct the check ( as any restaurant would do). We left and vowed we'd never return. As people had promised us...truly was a dining experience!!!

4  Thank andygold1
Reviewed July 7, 2013

In spite of numerous trips to upstate NY throughout the years and time spent in Plattsburgh, eating at Anthony's Restaurant and Bistro was an experience that eluded us until recently.
We stopped over for lunch on our way to Ausable Chasm and were very pleasantly surprised by this restaurant.
We had the shrimp and crab salad sandwich on panini bread, it was not only very good but quite affordable too. The only gripe is that the accompanying side of potatoes was overcooked and quite salty. The waitress, Noelle, was excellent and the service was quite friendly and fast. Noelle offered us a brief history of Anthony's Restaurant which we appreciated.
The very best aspect of this dining establishment is the ambiance, Anthony's is set in an old farmhouse that exudes charm. On this day, the environment was very quiet and laid back.
Good food that is an exciting alternative to the many chain restaurants offering abysmal food in the area. We will no doubt choose this restaurant again sometime, hopefully for a dinner service.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

While a fierce competitor in its day, Anthony's is certainly on a downside. The food is predictable and dated. On our most recent visit, the Filet Oscar was particularly disappointing, the asparagus were limp, the lobster reheated and the meat poorly trimmed. My husbands meal was fine but certainly nothing special. Our pie was gelatinous and grainy, though the flavored ice cream was simply ok. I did not care for the waitstaff drinking beverages and visiting with one another on the floor. I felt we were rushed through our meal and hurried out of the restaurant. There are more imaginative choices for dining in the Plattsburgh area with more attentive and professional service.