“Wasteland Wonder”

Anthony's Restaurant & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 130 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: European, American, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Port, Florida
“Wasteland Wonder”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

In an area not know culinary charisma, Anthony's stand out. Not spectacular, just good food, good service, and reasonable prices, especially in the bistro. Their homemade sausage on pasta is real treat. Headed for Montreal from New York and feeling a little peckish. If your timing is right, get off the Northway(87) at the Rt. 3 Plattsburgh exit and go left about 100 yards, Anthony's is on your right.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank McMoredocj

Bloomingdale, New York, United States
“chef/owner knows what I taste better than myself”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Anthony's had been my go-to restaurant for 28 years until an unacceptable veal loin wrapped in home grown BITTER, past the season, basil leaves a year+ ago. The chef refused to acknowledge that a special he prepared, with his own ingrediants, could be unnacceptable. Reducing the bill was like pulling my own teeth. They'll comp a dessert but after an appetizer, salad, and a poor main dish the appetite is gone. Boycotted for a few months and returned just because of my wifes urging(not the chefs attitude). Had the special braised lamb shank last weekend. Over cooked mutton is not what I expected. I wasn't going to say a word because I didn't want to taint my wifes' enthusiasm for coming here, but my wife kept asking me what was wrong. When I reluctantly told her she said "you should tell them". The Chef once again appeared at my table defending the lambs' supplier and his preparation. "It couldn't possibly be overcooked, in fact I was afraid it was undercooked. My Sous Chef brought his father in yesterday and they both complimented me on this dish." That still didn't make it taste any better to me. I never send a dish with food still on it back to the kitchen but half went back 1/1/2013. Don't comp two drinks when a 29 dollar dish is the problem. Later! Specials here are not a good value. My wifes stuffed lobster special at 37 dollars was way too much for a small crustacian prepared with way too much bread. Now I am done. No more recommendations, no more biannual family gatherings, no more intimate celebrations. Is it worth not listening to a loyal customer (celebrated my 1st wedding anniversary and am going on my 30th) who is not gastronomically ignorant? Anthonys' has left a bitter taste in my mouth once again.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Clifford S
Montreal, Canada
“Once again simply the best!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This was our second fine dining time at anthony's and once again it was supberb. Rightvfrom being seated to getting the bill we enjoyed each and every moment. Our server, Roz, was truly a pleasure, when we asked about wine selection she had the chef come speak with us and get our opinion of regions that we like. The meal was absolutely wonderful, fine dining in a small town. Absolutely not our last time!

3 Thank EileenS181
Montreal, Canada
“Super !!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

What else can I say. As soon as I stopped to make a reservation, I was conviced that I was going to eat at the best restaurant in Plattsburgh, Staff is great. You are taken care of as soon as you set foot in the restaurant. Service is excellent. Your are not rushed for anything. Food is super. We were a party of 5 and everybody got his dish at the same time, hot and tasteful. Our waitress took care of us like we were regular customers. Great food at an affordable price. I will sure have dinner at Anthony's on my next trip to Plattsburgh.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Yves_017
Champlain, NY
“not a great experience”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went to anthony's over the weekend for our small office party. My wife ordered lamb that was, in my opinion, (and hers) inedible. Didn't finish one bitwe and were charged for the dinner. I am afraid something must be very wrong at this restaraunt.

• Visited December 2012