“An unexpected find!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

While on holiday from the UK we travelled to meet family for a few days sailing on Lake Champlain. On arrival we decided to eat out but being Sunday evening and towards the end of the season we were not certain what was available Anthony's was recommended to us.

From being greeted, to having drinks, to choosing from the menu and wine list the team at Anthony's could not have been more helpful.

The ambience of the restaurant is delightful and the food was absolutely delicious, fresh and excellently cooked.

We travel all over the world but always have a holiday in the US and have eaten in some great restaurants but I have to say we would travel back for another evening at Aunthony's.

All the very best to all the team at Anthony's who make this restaurant a terrific place to eat.

1  Thank mirfield2003

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Anthony's was simply SUPER MARVELOUS; a restaurant deserving of the highest Zagat rating; Nina and Tom you don't know what you're missing !!
The well appointed dining room was accompanied with romantic lighting and immediate wait staff. Our waitress was pleasant and more importantly well versed with the specials and their savory accompaniments. We started with an appetizer of fresh jumbo shrimp cocktail that was amazing and a tasty side salad. But wait, it gets better !! THe main courses were out of this WORLD !! First the BRAISED WILD BOAR; omg (goodness) it was to die for !!!; tender and so scrumptious I didn't want to share it with anyone but I did. Next was the SLOW ROASTED Long Island Duckling with black mission figs & roasted pear in moscato, maple syrup. WOW !! that was incredible !! And lastly we dined on the trio special consisting of HOMEMADE SAUSAGE, FILLET and QUAIL..hmmm so gooooood. Even the wine was paired perfectly.
Now if you have room for dessert DON'T STOP. We only had room for one and shared the fresh double berry pie with fresh whip creme and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. What an EVENT !!
Anthony's was truly a memorable gourmet delight. Hats off to Executive Chef and owner, Scott Murray. We can't wait to be back in the area to experience the rest of the menu !!

2  Thank E L J
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Back two decades ago when I was on the road for my work, this restaurant was on the top of my list. Eating alone can be a bummer, and most expense accounts would not cover such a fine restaurant, but nevertheless I would suck it up and go out of my way to eat here!

They have a bistro as well restaurant seating. I have never been in the bistro, but they usually have a good crowd. Bistro and restaurant menus are available in both areas.

My wife and I enjoy gourmet, and this place is first class! The menu is constantly changing, but the quality never does. This trip I enjoyed a tuna carpaccio for my appetizer, and it was the best I have had anywhere! My main course consisted of a special which was a trio of a fillet, quail and sausage served with sweet potatoes and carrots. It was all excellent, and I believe the sausage is homemade or at the very least a signature dish for Anthony's. Served hot and exactly as ordered. My wife orderd a stuffed clam appetizer and a mahi mahi main course which were both from the evening specials. She is not really a clam lover; frankly, I don't know why she would order clams other than the fact she knew it would be special here. Spiced and stuffed with a cheese mixture that was absolutely wonderful! We try to stay away from your standard cream sauces because of the richness, but she ordered the mahi mahi after the server gave the description. The cream sauce was delightful, tasty and light. We don't usually order desert, but we broke down and shared a delightful Tiramisu accompanied by an overly generous dollop of
whipped cream (there goes the diet!). To say we had a great dining exprience is an understatement.

We did not order a bottle of wine this time. We both had well made cocktails and a glass of wine with dinner. The wine list is excellent, and can probably satisfy anyone's taste, wine knowledge and pocketbook. The choice by the glass is better than most.

Unique menus, excellent service and well presented dinners all come with a price, but the price here is a much better value than I have experienced in most major cities. The quality is as good or better.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Went to dinner with my family and the food was very good. My son had the seafood risotto , my wife had the pepper steak and I had the red snapper in white wine and fresh tomato. Service was a little slow due to over capacity but all was great. Also tried this Zinfandel called Turley that was excellent. If I were to go back to Plattsburgh , I will go back to Anthony's.!!!

1  Thank Css1959
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Always great, food and service outstanding. Little on pricey side.
Bistro menu is our favorite. They always go out of their way to satisify special request if at all possible.Wait staff can not be better.

1  Thank edperu