“Pas si Pire, Not that bad”

Cumberland Bay State Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plattsburgh
Cumberland Bay State Park
Montreal, QC
“Pas si Pire, Not that bad”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My g/f and I spent a weekend at Cumberland bay state park in august of 2009. I had already camped here in the past and had no issues. The goal of our trip was shopping and we were able to do that easily from this location. We are a short 10minute drive on I87 to plattsburgh and about 30-45 min drive from Burlington Vermont useing the Ferry.

Pros: Direct access to the beach, good sized camp sites, Very friendly and helpful staff, good rates, Near good shopping areas, Free Showers, 5minutes from the Ferry to Vermont, Inexpensive Wood for camp fires.

Cons: The beach had a lot of sea weed in areas, I guess this is normal for a lake. We had lot #7 on the far side near the street, there was lots of car movements every 30minutes at night when there would be a ferry leaving or arriving. I didn't mind myself but my g/f thought the cars made a lot of noise. People steal your firewood during the day if you leave it in plain site.

We were scared for ticks due to a previous review on here and the fact that they had tick warnings in the washrooms at the camp site, however we had no issues with ticks or bugs what so ever during our stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FieroAlex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
palm beach county, fllorida
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was a great park to stay and camp very family friendly, clean, basic amenitys showers, bathrooms, laundry and lots of camp sights to choose from

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank flipflopsonly
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2006

I stayed at the Cumberland Bay State Park over the Labour Day weekend and I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed. I am used to the high quality of New York State Parks and this one did not live up to that standard.

The sites for both tents and trailers are right on top of one another with nothing in between. While we were there, loud music played late into the night on the first night with no reprieve and then on the second night we received a noise complaint from an overzealous ranger for chatting around our campfire! I am not sure where the disconnect was there!

Although this park is ok if you need to be in the Plattsburgh area, I would look elsewhere if you would like a camping vacation. I think there are many better options in the area including Ausable Point State Park, North Hero State Park and Grand Isle State Park.

14 Thank MUhrblock