“It Hasn't Changed In Years (in a good way)”

Butcher Block Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 129 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Butcher Block restaurant in Plattsburgh, NY is family owned and specializes in steak and seafood, but offers a wide variety of delicious options.
Peterborough, Ontario Canada
“It Hasn't Changed In Years (in a good way)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I stopped here for lunch in December 2013. It has an awesome soup, salad and bread bar. We liked the chilled salad plated. I had the best roast beef club sandwich I have ever had. I took half of it home because it was so filling. The wait staff were friendly and the service was quick. I haven't been to the Butcher Block since the early 80s. It remains the same as what I can remember from back then. Please don't change a thing.

• Visited December 2013
Creoteam, Owner at Butcher Block Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear BigEh:

Thanks for coming back to the "Block." We like to think that we've kept our best traditions - choice meat, hand crafted meals, homemade soups and dressings, and fresh fish and produce, but we have tried to stay current with the newly built Adirondack room (for private events) and a great and eager staff.

Thanks for visiting, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Brian White , VP White Management

Plattsburgh, New York
“Terrific Lunch for the area!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Two days before having lunch here I had lunch just down the road at Five guys,I was able to spend almost to the dime the same amount of money. I had a better lunch at Butcher Block!! Better atmosphere. Better money spent on a healthier lunch,too!! 10.00 and it was so worth it! A bonus to living in Plattsburgh.!

• Visited November 2013
Creoteam, Owner at Butcher Block Restaurant, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Katherine:

Thank you. We're thrilled to have delivered on great service, great food, and great value too.

Plattsburgh
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Friends suggest us this restaurant and I must say that I was happy they did! Food was great and at a good price, didn't have to spend a fortune for a good steak. And I loved the ambiance and excellent service too

Manon B:

Thanks for the great review. We're eager to serve you again soon.

Hadley, New York
“Nice surprise in Plattsburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were in Plattsburgh for a wedding. Arriving early, we were hungry for lunch so we stopped at the Butcher Block.

Upon arriving the atmosphere is adirondack and rustic. We loved it. My bench was a little tippy, but not a big deal. Everything you order comes with the salad bar which is well appointed.

I was going to order a burger, but took a look at the soup and salad bar and decided to just have that. Glad I did. My BF ordered a burger that was really delicious. A little over done, but very good none the less. The salad bar has alot of items on it and the clam chowder was great too.

No complaints about the Butcher Block. Nice little stop for lunch.

• Visited December 2013
Creoteam, Owner at Butcher Block Restaurant, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear BellaGinger:

Thank you for dining at the Butcher Block. We appreciate the business and the great feedback. Please always let us know how we can improve the guest experience, and we'll keep working hard to provide the best food and service in Plattsburgh. Have a great New Year.

Loudon
“soup & salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

For $10 you can get best soup and salad bar here! Lots of fixins, super fresh! Had surf and turf one night, good. Atmosphere great, service great!

Dear TennesseeTara:

Thank you for your business and for the great review. We love to exceed our guests' expectations, and we're thrilled for the five star review. Thank you.