“Always worth a visit”

Butcher Block Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 133 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Butcher Block restaurant in Plattsburgh, NY is family owned and specializes in steak and seafood, but offers a wide variety of delicious options.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have been eating there for 20 + years. Always get fine, service and dining experiences for lunch and dinner.
Great salad bar and menu selections.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Food is wonderful - lunches all include their marvelous salad bar which is enough for lunch by itself. French onion soup add-on is wonderful and not too salty like found in some restaurants. Dinner doens't include the salad bar except as an add-on $, but the Bison steak is fabulous - tastes like a better beef steak reminding you of the steaks from the 80s. Service at lunch and dinner is impeccable. Would highly recommend the Butcher Block.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Quiet restaurant and on Open Table. It's just off rte 87 the salad bar was very good as was the burger and the stir-fry and the service was very attentive. A real find on the highway

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Albany location years ago and loved it. This location offered a 'blah' experience. Waitstaff was fine. Salad bar should be included in the meal price. Host and hostess were not friendly and looked miserable. Food was just ok.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had heard about this restaurant for a long time so I thought I would finally give it a try. I had been given to believe that the Butcher Block was an upscale place but that is NOT what I found. While my GF did enjoy her meal overall I sis not. We went on what seemed to be a slow night but we were seated next to the only other occupied table in the area where we were seated. We had to listen to their conversation about Quebec politics throughout our meal. I ordered a steak medium rare but got a steak medium to medium well. I couldn't even say something to the waitress because she didn't come back until I was almost finished and when she did I had a mouthful of food and she took off before I could speak. I had a baked potato which was ok except for getting my hands all greasy from having to open little foil packs of butter. A restaurant with those prices and they us little foil packs of butter. Are you serious?! The little tubs of sour cream were watery. We had both asked our server to leave the veggie of the day off our plates. Guess what? We got the veggie of the day. A different server brought our dinners to us and when we pointed out the veggies she said "they are good for you". I expect the kind of experience I had at a fast food joint and not at a place with the prices of the Butcher Block. The place is over rated!