“Who knew?”

Champlain Valley Transportation Museum
Ranked #4 of 30 things to do in Plattsburgh
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Some beautiful cars and SOOO MUCH history to learn! Guides are as well versed in car history as the local history and its significance overall! Very impressed for a small museum in a small town!

4  Thank Valeri R
There are newer reviews for Champlain Valley Transportation Museum

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We visited the museum and really enjoyed how knowledgeable the tour guide was. I think that this place is a must see if you are in the area. Will definitely recommend it to my friends and family to see. The fee was very reasonable also.

3  Thank chinabeach52
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nice place to see old vehicles and the museum of model cars and trucks on display. Very interesting to see transportation from those years.

6  Thank Lori L
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We visited the transport museum with my family who i was staying with in Plattsburgh. Its a great place! We were given a guided tour and i must say we were very impressed with the tour guide - he knew his stuff and was very informative. The cars were beautifully restored and he gave information about each one. There is also a huge collection of the old match box toy cars which was pretty impressive - i believe this is the guides own personal collection. Would highly recommend spending some time here. There is not a set price to get in just a voluntary donation.

8  Thank redbulllover
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The best things always start somewhere. I arrived with my family to the museum, hoping to give the kids something to do, as there is a lack of entertainment for children in the Plattsburgh area. Upon first glance, it is a sortof run down looking garage, with other buildings surrounding it, forming a sort of campus. On the windows are painted scenes of Old Plattsburgh, as I found out had been painted by a local artist with the help of some volunteers. The volunteers at the museum are great. The majority are car fanatics and have been in Plattsburgh their whole lives. Our tour guide greeted us with a beaming smile and he was extremely informative and friendly. It was possibly the best tour we have ever gotten. The interior of the place is a little old, as money and funding has been short. Construction of a (YES!) Kid's Museum, and renovations are thought to be executed sometime in the next year or so. But the cars were absolutely gorgeous, and the other artifacts (especially the Gate's Diner) captivated me and and made me really appreciate our country's history of transportation. The kids marveled at the cars, and are excited to return for the opening of the kid's station. Very excited!!!! Wil definitely return in the future!

10  Thank PBurghian