“Plattsburgh's Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Cool place, nice atmosphere, GREAT STAFF, very good food, love the place, tourists don't know about it, professionally handled, classy place

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very good food, GREAT SERVICE, GREAT STAFF, nice atmosphere that is worth the money. Out of the way spot serves mostly local professionals. Call ahead for a reservation.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

It's a small restaurant located in a strip mall. You wouldn't give it second thought until you walk inside this hidden jem. While we waited for our table we sat at the bar and received excellent service by their bartender, Zach. We shared the crab cake app, which was out of this world. For dinner, I had the shrimp scampi and my husband had the fish and chips. Both very tasty entrees. Beautiful presentation, great staff, and delicious meal. Don't miss out if visiting Plattsburgh!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had dinner at Latitude 44 for the first time and will definitely return. The menu is small, but everything we all tried was wonderful. The presentation was as creative as the flavors. The bacon wrapped scallops and crab cake appetizers are fabulous. With the addition of a salad, the crab cakes were sufficient for a dinner entree. I had the shrimp scampi. Perfect! Friends had a pork medallion special with a wonderful sauce and mashed potatoes. I especially liked the portion size. It was perfect without having to leave half the food unfinished because of the gigantic portions often served in many restaurants. We were able to share some appetizers and still finish our meals and even share a dessert leaving the table fully satisfied rather than stuffed. Since we don't live far, we will definitely be back when in Plattsburgh. What an asset for the little city!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I stopped into Latitude 44 at the beginning of the month for lunch. We enjoyed the soup of the day (which was an artful take on cream of mushroom) and I had the sweet potato fries and he the black bean burger. The food was delicious and well presented and the wine was outstanding. So much so, in fact, that we've since enjoyed another lunch there. I had to have the sweet potato fries again (delightfully crunchy outside and tender in, paired with a sweet poppy dipping sauce) and also had the macaroni and cheese (which is about as far from the boxed stuff as can be - delicious!). My husband had a wonderful ham and cheese sandwich with apple chutney. Would highly recommend this bistro!