“Ribs are good here”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #27 of 147 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 26, 2018

The pulled pork sandwich might be the most popular but to me the ribs are worth the trip. Dickey's staff is so accommodating and pleasin us is important.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I had never been there before and was looking for a quick place to grab a bite. The staff was helpful and assisted me in my order. Not being there before I wasn't sure how to go about it. The ribs were good and the sides were nice. Overall, a pretty good places, I will probably eat there again next time I am in the area.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Ok, Bar b Que is not generally my thing, but this place, from the smell when you walk in, to the helpful staff, and the super clean dining room, they won me over.

Located in a little strip shopping center near the Best Western Plus, this unassuming bar b que restaurant has the perfect blend of chain standards and local personal touches.

The offerings include Pork, Beef, Sausages, chicken, and turkey, as well as sandwiches, salads, etc. The options are basically plates which come with 2 sides and a biscuit, or the sandwiches and salads.

You can pick 1-4 meats (i choose 2) with a couple of sides.
I had creamed spinach and Fried Okra. They also offered mac and cheese, beans, fries, salad, and many more I just don't remember. For my meat, I choose turkey and beef brisket.

They have a "sauce bar" where Spicy, original, and sweet BarBQ sauces are all available. Yo get a "Big Yellow Cup" branded as such for a drink. Self serve coke fountain drinks. They also feature free ice cream cones. Also self serve.

The meat is all smoked on the premises (which explains the delightful, savory smell when you walk in).

The floors and counters were extremely clean- the 'plates' are really a lined basket, and the silverware is plastic ware. Paper Towels adorn each table...which is good.

If you are in Plattsburgh, and want to get out of the 'normal' burger, taco, pizza rut- check this out!

One small detraction- they forgot my pickles....but I survived.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank mayorriven
Reviewed June 21, 2017

I have to back the title of this up with the quality of the BBQ was an 8 but for the price, 3 meat with two sides and a glass of water $11.88 with tax. I would say I would give it an overall 10. I am tough on BBQ as I have a few places that are a 10 for me but I pay double the price. Do not get me wrong the quality was very good I am just a tough critic of BBQ. Everything was cooked perfectly. Portion size was decent too. I’ll be back and with the family. Free soft serve ice cream.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 18, 2017

Yes it is a chain. They smoke with Hickory on site. The place was clean and the service was good. The prices are about what you would expect. If your feeling like some Que this is the only place in Plattsburg. You walk up to the counter and order and pay they bring you the food..self service drinks . free ice cream?

Date of visit: May 2017