“Good BBQ in the North Country at last”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #28 of 130 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: American
montreal
“Good BBQ in the North Country at last”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Usually when I'm in Plattsburgh, New York, travelling from Montreal, I'll stop by at Dickey's for a full rack of ribs, potato casserole and coleslaw "to go". Finally there's good BBQ in the North Country! When I'm at customs, the border guard will usually ask what was the point of my visit in Plattsburgh. I would answer< 'Oh, just some shopping at Price Choppers and pick-up at Dickey's BBQ." You should see his eyes light up when I say Dickey's BBQ. The guard is then putty in my hands and he lets me go as he stares starry-eyed into space.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank gerry g

Plattsburgh, New York
“If you love barbeque”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the place in Plattsburgh. It is a chain, but very good barbeque. Terrific sauce. Huge iced tea and free ice cream

Visited December 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Worth the Experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place was recommended by our Hotel at a recent stay in Plattsburgh N.Y. The people were extremely friendly and the food was great. As advised we told them that we were first timers ,the staff took extra time to walk us through their menu and options. If you have a craving for BBQ this is the place to go.. Will be back on next trip to Plattsburgh N.Y.

• Visited November 2012
Dares Beach, MD
“Impressed”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This BBQ joint was fantastic and their spicy BBQ sauce was unbelievable! I was reluctant because it didn't seem open but I could not be happier to have walked in there. I had a kids meal pulled pork sandwich with the cole slaw and it was filling for an adult, not to. Emotion, you save like $3 bucks. Would I return again, absolutely! I actually kept dreaming I was eating their sandwich during a nap.... Yum!

Visited October 2012