“I'm a regular - and will continue to be”

Mickey's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #30 of 133 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Jay (Lounge side) manages several orders for food by memory, never making an error, and knows your preferred drink after the first time. Friendly, social, courteous, makes a good drink, and one of the best meal values in town. There is fancier, there is more expensive, but there is no better overall value for the money in town.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I eat at Mickey's fairly regularly for lunch, and occasionally for dinner. Great crab bisque on the weekends, decadently rich carbonara, excellent thin crust pizza, veal parm that reminds me of the old days, reasonable prices, friendly waitstaff and bartenders. I personally like Mickey's better now than before the fire --after the rebuild, the lingering tobacco smoke in the old place is gone.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Within the last year - all dishes are terrible! Something has happened to the chef here. Chicken parm which was my favorite tasted burndt! Pizza used to be the BEST and now...not at all good! Sorry!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

A family restaurant for us since the mid fifties.back then there wern't many choices. I think it was the first place I had spaghetti. It basically has remained unchanged despite going through some internal changes and a devastating fire. Italian american food, not expensive, adiquate portions, and a friendly waitstaff. Bar crowd on weekends.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Mickeys has gone through many incarnations. It went from Riley Ave to Court Street, back to Riley, got burned down and rebuilt and it is doing fine on Riley Avenue again. We have eaten at Riley's in every location but just recently visited the newly rebuilt restaurant. The menu is updated in appearance, but the same items are there. They don't tamper with success. Our son was in Plattsburgh and going to a place that locals go to and not too many others. When he arrived at Riley's he laughed and said that he and his parents have been eating there for years.
We have recommended it to many people and everyone has not only been delighted, but have become regular diners.
The new dining room is clean and uncluttered in shades of brown with black leather seating in booths, and the tables are always covered with white linen table clothes and napkins. The wait staff is friendly and efficient.
Last weekend my husband and I stopped in for a light dinner. We ordered the antipasta salad at $12.95 to split. Normally we order one of their amazing pasta dishes or my husband loves their strombolis, but we were not hungry that night. Our waitress brought the antipasta salad which was heaped on a large platter. The lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, pepperocini were accompanied by piles of sliced ham, diced cheese and pepperoni. A dish of their house dressing was served on the side. She also brought us a basket of warm bread. We skipped anything further because we were satiated after the antipasta.
Mickey's does a fantastic job with pasta (you get your choice of spaghetti, linguine, spinach fettucine or ziti) presented one of many variations. They also serve steak and seafood pastas, pizza, calzones and stromboli's There is always a chef's special.
Would recommend that if you are in Plattsburgh and looking for good food and pleasant surroundings, try Mickey's Bar and Grill.