All reviews water park mini golf brew pub perkins restaurant brewing company fun zone indoor waterpark hotel guests laser tag tj maxx front desk older kids splash pad same building arcade games game room the hotel offers
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2019

My husband and I travelled to this hotel with our 9 month old. We knew that the hotel was super kid friendly and we were told by friends to keep our expectations in check. I’ll start with the pros. This hotel is a great affordable option for families with a pool/splash pad, arcade, mini putt, and laser tag. Continental breakfast was included (6am - 9am) and the hotel is connected to Perkins (family restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch or dinner). The hotel is walking distance to a Wendy’s, Chipotle, Panera Bread, Tj Maxx, Michaels, Pet Smart and Walmart Super Centre. There is a microbrewery on the 2nd floor that has 7 local craft beers and we got 1 free pint for our stay. The hamburger was decent and the fries were addictive. There are many cons. This hotel was loud. We heard our neighbours with young kids all the time and we worried about noise levels for our sleeping baby. We got a closed king bedroom suite but the separating door was a French glass door; not great for blocking sound or light. Because of this we had to keep most lights off in the evening. The room was not as nice as shown in pictures online, the bed was extremely firm and the kitchen area consisted of a very small counter, small sink, microwave, and a noisy mini fridge. All of the luggage carts need to be replaced and a few of the vending machines did not work. Lastly, the hotel does not have a bell hop or room service. Overall, this hotel could use some TLC.

Tip: bring nightlights

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

My room wasn’t cleaned. They couldn’t even vacuum, despite requesting it to be done and having daily housekeeping. I spent 4 night there and still had food from a previous guest on my carpet. The parking was horrible every day and I was told it was because of the gym. The only time the staff acknowledged my presence was when I initiated conversation. Entering and exiting the facility I was not acknowledged, probably because of the gym and all of the people in and out. The parking lot was not cleaned well either which added to the frustration on poor parking.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

This was very nice place to stay, breakfast was good and plenty!! The pool was busy, wrong week to go because February Break for school and long weekend with Presidents Day.

It's nice that the Plattsburgh Brewing Company is there and Champy's Arcade.

I would stay again for sure.

Trip type: Traveled with family
PlattsburghComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review! we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2019

Eric at the front desk was WONDERFUL! He was so helpful when I arrived with my 3 year old grandson. My daughter's family stayed here during a hockey tournament. The water park is great for 3 year olds (shallow end) and slides in the deeper end for the 8 year old! Also the arcade was good. Make sure you ask if there are special offers. Our room (king suite with mini-fridge and microwave) on the main floor was away from the water park and Fun City(arcade) which was great for sleeping. The free breakfast was good. There were eggs, sausage, and bacon. Waffles, yogurt, muffins and danish along with cereal, toast, etc. The attached Perkins restaurant was a nice place to eat after a day at the water park. There are many restaurants close such as Applebee's, Texas Roadhouse, Ninety Nine, and Ground Round to mention a few. We will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from water park and arcade. We were on the back side. If you need a king suite ask about 2 types.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

We spent one night at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Plattsburgh.

PROS. Location is great - 2 min drive off the highway and the hotel is located next to a large mall and many restaurants. There are restaurants attached to the hotel as well. The room was quite large and the bed was comfy. A mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker were in the room. The free hot breakfast was the usual fare (bacon, scrambled eggs, cereal, toast...).

CONS : Packed parking lot. Hotel facilities NOT exclusive for hotel guests. Non-guests pay to access the hotels’ kids waterpark, gym and fun zone (arcade, etc.)

This is not a hotel geared for those who want peace and quiet as the waterpark, arcade and gym for adults are NOT exclusive to the guests staying at the hotel. This results in the parking lot being jam-packed with non guests who pay to use these hotel facilities.

Unfortunately for us, our room was located on the main floor, just past the kids water park. Since the water park is not exclusive to guests of the hotel, it meant that the hallway that we had to go through to get to our room was littered with winter jackets and boots from kids not staying at the hotel but whose parents had paid for access. This was a first for us. We love kids but the noise and mess was a bit much as it never subsided.

To add to the noise, our room was situated right under the gym. Great. The gym is also NOT exclusive to the hotel which means there is a lot of activity - which meant a lot of noise. Lots of bing bang boom all the time above our heads.

Would I stay here again as a couple - no.

Would I recommend it for families with young kids - definitely.

Tip for couples : don’t settle for a room on the main floor that’s near the water park and right under the gym.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lottie543