“back again”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Reviewed December 9, 2011

had a great stay last month, again no complaints..... staff is exceptional
always aiming to make our stay comfortable.... see you guys soon...

Room Tip: rooms facing the back are a little more quieter
1  Thank kellyboogiemama49
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed December 3, 2011

This hotel is a great hotel. We stayed there for a wedding and had my Uncle pass away while we were there. The hotel extended our stay and also gave us a bereavement rate for the added days. As we are a family of 5 and only had set aside a certain amount of money for the wedding trip now to have to extend it for a few more days. The rate helped us so very much. I booked my parents room and asked for them to be next to us and the staff said of course. The staff could not do enough for us. They offered the conference room for all of the family to get together in and have dinner. As far as the rooms they were so clean and roomy I was very impressed. I took the little ones to get some engery out to the water park and they just loved it. It was clean and had towels ready for when you got out. I asked for more washclothes and they had them there so quick I couldn't believe it. I would stay in this hotel the next time we come up to visit family. They are the most helpful hotel I have seen in a long time.

2  Thank Debbie743
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife, my 92 year old mother in law and myself found this hotel to be outstanding and this wasn't our first time away from home. We stayed and enjoyed 5 nights. Becky and DJ, the gals up front were sooo nice to us. The breakfast staff never stood still. The room was large, very clean and housekeeping was at our beckon call. My wife is the original Mrs. Clean, she had no complaints!! In our opinion this hotel has no equal in Plattsburgh. We will without hesitation stay here again.
Thanks again Becky and DJ
T&P Webster

1  Thank Litigator1
Reviewed October 18, 2011

First of all, the rooms are exceptionally nice. Previously this hotel was part of another chain and it shows. Accommodations are at least one step up from the regular Comfort Inns with very nicely decorated rooms, large roomy bath with separate, large, well lighted vanity and separate toilet-bath tub room. Our room included a very nice built in cabinet with microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker and mini sink.
Secondly, the staff at this hotel was so accommodating and helpful. We had checked out, but discovered all of our maps were missing. We returned to the hotel and I got a new key card to check out our room and found my maps. Returning the key to the front desk, I was offered a large, just baked sugar cookie. I said that I would decline unless they could give me four cookies as we had four adults in our car. I got 4 cookies handed over with a big smile. And one front desk clerk named Abby offered to refill my water bottle and even added some ice. She went out of her way to do this as the kitchen was no where near the front desk. There is a restaurant attached to this hotel as well as a lounge/pub, a 24 hour fitness center and a very large swimming pool with water slide and large colorful play things for children.

Room Tip: A room facing the courtyard perhaps and not above the swimming pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank mykeri
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was by far one of the worst experiences ever! We had requested to stay in a wheelchair accessible non-smoking king size suite with a sofa bed. When we checked in the suite was more like a regular size room with a couch put in it, not a suite at all and it reeked of smoke. It was not ADA accessible at all they didn't even have a shower seat in the bathroom. I had called a week prior to arriving to make sure we would be in a wheelchair accessible room with a shower seat and the woman said there was a shower seat built right into the shower. Luckily they were nice enough to move one of our guests into a connecting room next door but that does not make up for anything else that occurred during our stay.

After checking in I called down to the front desk to see about the shower seat and the woman's reply, "no we don't have shower seats thank you." Thank you I called a week ago and the woman said there was a built in shower seat I soon learned they had no idea what it meant to be wheelchair ADA accessible as they didn't even have a wheelchair peep hole on the door. I would expect this from a B&B someplace that is not accustomed to having someone stay in a wheelchair but a Hotel Chain should have it set in stone what wheelchair ADA accessible means. So after I asked her how I would shower she finally said, “we can’t find one I guess we will go by one", yes I guess you will.

After we got that squared away I called down to make sure we were in a Non-Smoking room because like I said the place reeked of smoke and there were no signs claiming to be a Non-Smoking room the woman's response at the front desk, "it is non-smoking if you smell smoke open a window or turn on the AC thank you" again thank you I dealt with it luckily we were not spending hours in the hotel room. Although I still cannot get the stench of the hotel room out of my clothes after numerous washes. Don’t be alarmed if they decide to charge your credit card before you check-in as they did to my credit card and we didn’t even plan to pay with that same credit card what a mess that was. Well I'll tell you where I won’t be staying on our next trip to Plattsburgh; yes you got it The Comfort Inn is Not Very Comfortable. A lesson learned the hard way!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunflowergirl09
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed here on business for four nights the third week of September. The motel is right off the interstate and near numerous restaurants and shopping. I had no major issues place. My room was in good condition and clean. My only suggestion is to ask for a non-smoking room in a non-smoking section. I did not and while my room had no odor, their was a smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway. I did notice an entire hallway on non-smoking rooms on the second floor close to the lobby area of the building. Parking is free, and their is a free, limited continental breakfast in the morning. Indoor pool and a health club. Overall, I would suggest this motel for a few days of business travel or a sleep over if traveling.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, ask for a non-smoking room located in hallway of rooms that is designated a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Hi we stayed here september 23rd 2011 for 2 nights. We used our choice club points. Very frustrating when we arrived it was dark and had trouble finding the front door to check in and then to find our room was another story. There are no signs indicating the room numbers behind the fire doors, lots of large white doors.. It feels like you are in a maze. The legend pub is great with yummy chicken wings and good quesadillas too. The hotel is very very clean and the room - suite large and comfortable. no air conditioning in the living room part of the suite though. The staff are great and very friendly. Won t be back though because we like to try new places. Lots of stores around and all in all a plesant stay.

P.s 2 water slides indoors for kids to play in or for adult kids also.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family