“The Comfort Inn is Not Very Comfortable”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Fishkill, New York
“The Comfort Inn is Not Very Comfortable”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was by far one of the worst experiences ever! We had requested to stay in a wheelchair accessible non-smoking king size suite with a sofa bed. When we checked in the suite was more like a regular size room with a couch put in it, not a suite at all and it reeked of smoke. It was not ADA accessible at all they didn't even have a shower seat in the bathroom. I had called a week prior to arriving to make sure we would be in a wheelchair accessible room with a shower seat and the woman said there was a shower seat built right into the shower. Luckily they were nice enough to move one of our guests into a connecting room next door but that does not make up for anything else that occurred during our stay.

After checking in I called down to the front desk to see about the shower seat and the woman's reply, "no we don't have shower seats thank you." Thank you I called a week ago and the woman said there was a built in shower seat I soon learned they had no idea what it meant to be wheelchair ADA accessible as they didn't even have a wheelchair peep hole on the door. I would expect this from a B&B someplace that is not accustomed to having someone stay in a wheelchair but a Hotel Chain should have it set in stone what wheelchair ADA accessible means. So after I asked her how I would shower she finally said, “we can’t find one I guess we will go by one", yes I guess you will.

After we got that squared away I called down to make sure we were in a Non-Smoking room because like I said the place reeked of smoke and there were no signs claiming to be a Non-Smoking room the woman's response at the front desk, "it is non-smoking if you smell smoke open a window or turn on the AC thank you" again thank you I dealt with it luckily we were not spending hours in the hotel room. Although I still cannot get the stench of the hotel room out of my clothes after numerous washes. Don’t be alarmed if they decide to charge your credit card before you check-in as they did to my credit card and we didn’t even plan to pay with that same credit card what a mess that was. Well I'll tell you where I won’t be staying on our next trip to Plattsburgh; yes you got it The Comfort Inn is Not Very Comfortable. A lesson learned the hard way!!

1 Thank Sunflowergirl09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed here on business for four nights the third week of September. The motel is right off the interstate and near numerous restaurants and shopping. I had no major issues place. My room was in good condition and clean. My only suggestion is to ask for a non-smoking room in a non-smoking section. I did not and while my room had no odor, their was a smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway. I did notice an entire hallway on non-smoking rooms on the second floor close to the lobby area of the building. Parking is free, and their is a free, limited continental breakfast in the morning. Indoor pool and a health club. Overall, I would suggest this motel for a few days of business travel or a sleep over if traveling.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, ask for a non-smoking room located in hallway of rooms that is designated a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
montreal quebec canada
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Hi we stayed here september 23rd 2011 for 2 nights. We used our choice club points. Very frustrating when we arrived it was dark and had trouble finding the front door to check in and then to find our room was another story. There are no signs indicating the room numbers behind the fire doors, lots of large white doors.. It feels like you are in a maze. The legend pub is great with yummy chicken wings and good quesadillas too. The hotel is very very clean and the room - suite large and comfortable. no air conditioning in the living room part of the suite though. The staff are great and very friendly. Won t be back though because we like to try new places. Lots of stores around and all in all a plesant stay.

P.s 2 water slides indoors for kids to play in or for adult kids also.

Rochester NY
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We are diehard, diamond member hilton people. So why did we stay at a Comfort Inn? Well because the reviews here weren't that great for the Hampton Inn in Plattsburgh so we too a risk. It paid off!! What a great stay!! Apparently we did get one of the best rooms in the hotel. It was a king suite and let me tell you..it was HUGE!!! Huge. It had a pull out couch, a king size bed and we used two roll aways. Beautiful kitchen area with both a four seat table and a bar area to eat at. Jacuzzi bathtub and great shower in the bathroom. Huge closet! The pool was awesome...had a mini spray park and two water slides. Only downfall with the pool is that you can't really swim as the water slides dump into the pool and it is only three feet deep or so. The breakfast was great. There is a Perkins attached to the hotel that was great for dinner. Only a few things that were minor disappointments. One, our room was across from the work out room which is actually a full blown fitness club...awesome to use and open 24 hours, but it was pretty loud in our room. Didn't bother anyone but me. I am a light sleeper. Also the info on the hotel mentioned miniature golf which was behind the hotel, it was there, but not open. Same with the game room...advertised an extensive game room, also not open. We were looking forward to these things, but honestly the room and pool were so fabulous that it was fine! The staff were all so nice and the hotel was spotless! In fact, we were there with my husband on a business trip, we were scheduled to check out after one night, spend that night in Montreal and then check back in the following day. We ended up just staying since we liked it so much!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 4kidstolove
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The lobby, the pool, the restaurants all have been newly renovated, however the rooms have not been touched. The room I stayed in had chairs with the stuffing coming out, stains on the sofa and chairs, furniture that is shabby and spider webs all along the ceiling and floors.
On the other side, the pool is a great place for families, and the restaurants are quite good. As well the breakfast was good, alot of choice and a nice spaciuos breakfast room.

Winthrop NY
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The hospital recommended this hotel for me to stay at, while my other half was recovering. I have to say from the min I walked through the doors, the staff was so warm and caring! I was there for 4 nights. The rooms are immaculate, and hotel has a water park, full gym.Nice breakfast in the morning. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Diane S
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My only negative about this place was the lack of an elevator and the layout of the hotel made it also easy to get lost.
Parents/Kids probably will like the water park but I would have preferred a pool that's at least 4 feet deep to actually swim in.
The room was clean and well appointed, but I am surprised at the lack of a breakfast with the price of the room. Most hotels in this price range provide at least a continental breakfast. I guess they would like their patrons to use the Perkins Pancake House in the hotel...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo