“Amazing getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Plattsburgh

La Quinta Inn & Suites Plattsburgh
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Schenectady, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I usually stay at the Holiday in down the road but wanted to try something different. I travel to Plattsburg 1 x month to see my son and bring my 3 grandchildren ages 3, 10 & 13. The bathroom had black mold on the walls and behind the toilet, The beds were smaller than the frames and i hurt my leg 3 x's walking into the metal frame. We went to the pool and there was a birthday party going on with about 10 girls, they were eating and drinking while in the pool and the spa. They acting as if were were invading so it was very uncomfortable just as was breakfast as they took up all the sitting room so we had to eat in our room. There was dust falling from the light fixtures in the ceiling, the exercise room consisted of 3 pieces of equiptment where only 1 worked and the ice machine on the second floor was out of order. I gave my granddaughter a bath and then noticed a used bar of soap and 1/2 empty container of used shampoo. I would not recommend this hotel and I will never stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I usually stay at the hampton inn.
i had read good things about the Quinta,i have to admit i was very satisfied with my stay..It reminded me of the hampton inn (look wise an furniture)
I didn;t find the rooms smelled,considering dogs are permitted.
great stay for the family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Albany NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a few frills property that provides a clean, comfortable stay experience. Everyone working there seemed friendly and accommodating. Check-in/checkout were easy processes. The hotel is extremely easy to access from the Northway and the reverse route is as hassle free as one could imagine. The bathroom, while being clean, was equipped with just the basic institutional toiletries.
Curiously, there is no ice machine on the first floor. Guests staying at ground level need to go upstairs if desiring ice. The free breakfast was the expected continental fare.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at this property twice, several years ago . . . that's why I chose it for this visit, I'd had good experiences both times previously.

The staff was friendly and helpful, extra towels were brought to the room within minutes of asking for them, someone called after we checked in to make sure all was well. But the room was not very well cleaned, I don't think it had been vacuumed for quite some time as there were little specs of stuff on the floor near the beds, like pieces of tissue or something. There were hairs in the bathtub and in the sink, and when I opened the drawers there were hairs and crumbs in them. Yuck. (We kept our things in our suitcase after seeing this.)

It was just one night so not the end of the world, the beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet even though it was full, we didn't hear a sound all night. So I was on the fence about whether or not we would return. We definitely paid way too much for what we got, but figured we might try again at a cheaper time, though there are several hotels in Plattsburgh to choose from.

When we returned home last week, I got an email survey from La Quinta, as well as a standard email from the manager of the hotel, saying " I hope you had a great visit and everything was just right. If there is anything we could have done better, I personally want to know about it."

So I answered the survey and said exactly what I wrote here, and then answered the hotel manager the same way. I heard nothing back re the survey, and just today heard back from the hotel manager. She said: "Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon. We value your business."

Um, right.
You value my business?
Did you even read what I wrote?

Thanks, you just pushed me right off that fence.
I'm thinking I need to cross La Quinta off my Plattsburgh hotel list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple