“Hipster vibe, great salsa, vegetarian options”
Review of Cheechako Taco - CLOSED

Cheechako Taco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Not your ordinary taco joint! Cheechacko Taco was founded in 2009 and is located in the heart of downtown Plattsburgh, New York. We offer a wide variety of unique fresh tacos and burritos made with local produce. We provide a casual, family friendly environment as well as a quality dining experience. We have a fully customizable menu as well as delicious and creative original meals. Available for pickup, delivery or dining in, as well as outside seating in the summer. Stop down, call in, eat a taco.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We made a pit stop in Plattsburgh and wanted a small bite between meals, so a hipster taco joint seemed like a good choice. I don't use the word hipster in a snarky way, just a descriptive way. It's style and ambiance reminded us of many popular college favorites in our home town. We were in our comfort zone here. They have a big menu, but we opted for just two pairs of baby burritos named after super heroes and villains. We chose Magneto and Joker, which came with corn chips and delicious salsa. The meat in the Magneto was a little dull (I was hoping it would be very spicy), but otherwise they were all tasty. A little salsa on the meat helped. Service was casual and friendly.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had the buffalo chicken taco and it was the best taco ever. I will definately eat there again. I am not a big fan of salsa as it is to chunky and bland. Their salsa was sooo good I bought a jar on my way out. The soft shell is grilled to perfection.

1  Thank cdfarm
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I love either getting delivery or eating in at either of the locations. The food is always great and they are very accommodating to food allergies and you get plenty of food for the cost. In an area full of chain restaurants with bad service and fast food that you have no idea where the ingredients are coming from, its refreshing to have a go to place for locals and visitors to Plattsburgh alike that you can depend on for good quality food. I always take friends there and never have had a problem, I've been there at least twenty plus times since they opened.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We drove down from Montreal and read the good reviews about that restaurant so we decided to have dinner there. It's a very small place and most people come for take out. We had beef and chicken quesadillas. Taste was average, price was good. We asked for a fontain drink and found some kind of bug in it. Staff is friendly. Would not go back.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a great find in Plattsburgh! My husband and I were getting our tires changed nearby and found this brightly colored eatery...and boy are we glad we did! They have such an eclectic mix of ingredients to choose from and you can have your choice of either a tacos or a large burrito. Everything from traditional mixtures to Asian flavors, bbq, and tons of vegetarian options as well. My husband had their Breakfast Burrito which was huge, filled with Eggs, potatoes, cheddar cheese, jalapeno cream cheese...and I had the Berkeley (in taco form) which had dill and cucumber cream cheese, chicken (all-white meat), lettuce, guacamole, and blue cheese. Both were served with chips and salsa. Yum!!! It is very affordable and the staff were very friendly. This will be our new spot to eat when we come into Plattsburgh, for sure.