“Pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Simple but very nice decor. All food and baked goods made in house. Food was very good went back a few days latter for lunch. Hope to visit again before we leave. Prices reasonable. No beer or wine but who cares as the food was why we came.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We've been wanting to come here for a while and today was the day! To begin with the coffee was good and strong, just the way we like it; it tasted like coffee. I had scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese all wrapped up in a beautiful crepe with a side of flaky and buttery croissant and marmalade. The cheese was the kind that just stretches forever. My boyfriend had the Croque Madame, a cheese, ham and béchamel concoction topped with an egg and resting on that beautiful crepe. Neither one of us wanted to share with the other, it was that good! The front of the café opens up on a little strip mall, but once you step out into the back courtyard you've entered another world. The owner/host/cook is very friendly. We recommend very highly! I'm an amateur chef and both my boyfriend and I are breakfast freaks and believe me the taste and the quality was there.
But please be advised that the right address for this little gem is the one here on TripAdvisor, not the one found on their website which should be updated soon.

1  Thank Monica L
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back home from Canada. Trough TripAdvisor we choose this restaurant and have no regrets. One of the best tomato soup ever eaten and this was only a side. Great quiche and crepes.

1  Thank Laurence B
Reviewed July 8, 2014

At first glance, it might not be too appealing, however, once you step in to this little café and then exit out the back door you will be very surprised! It's charming, very European! In fact, it's where my daughter chose to have her celebratory lunch upon graduating from high school! The food is tasty, the owners are charming!

1  Thank Valeri R
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I were so charmed by this little cafe. We were on our way to Montreal after dropping our son off at summer camp, and didn't have high hopes for anything other than fast food when we to a detour off the highway in Plattsburgh. This little cafe in a strip mall is delightful. The owners are very kind and attentive. The menu has lots of options, including quiche, stuffed crepes, sandwiches, soups, and luscious desserts all made to order on the premises. I had a veggie panini, crispy on the outside and melty within. My husband had a turkey sandwich on a fresh baguette with a salad. Yum! There is also a lovely garden for outdoor dining if weather permits. Thank you Roger & Evelyne for your hospitality and delicious cooking.

1  Thank Mrsvanm