“Comfy beds, clean and updated”

Hampton Inn & Suites Plattsburgh
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Carlsbad, United States
“Comfy beds, clean and updated”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Enjoyed my business stay at the Hampton Inn Plattsburgh. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and updated. I even lost of piece of jewelry that was promptly returned to me. Nice to know honest people still exist. I would highly recommend. Also, the Uno Grill next door close and open until 11 pm on Sundays!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It isn't terribly remarkable in my experience to have a good experience at Hampton Inn. They seem consistently reliable and good quality. I wanted to remark, however, that the Hampton Inn in Plattsburgh (where I have stayed three times) has wowed me with quality staff service. Every staff member I have encountered has been courteous and has gone above and beyond to help. This time when I was there, I was sitting in the reception area late in the evening when a tired traveller arrived. Apparently every hotel in Plattsburgh was booked full that evening. The gentleman at the front desk was so kind, and helped the traveller by making a reservation in another local hotel in a nearby town. He was so helpful and kind despite the fact that he had a number of other phone calls and other guest requests at the same time. I don't always stay at Hampton Inn when I'm in Plattsburgh, but with service like this, it is definitely the place I would most highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Arnold, Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Well it wasn't the penthouse but it was a huge double Queen bed room on the top floor (5th lol). To be honest it was a wheelchair assessable room that could easily fit 10 people in the bathroom and 15 in the room. All standing up cocktail style of course! My wife and I were traveling with our two sons 15 & 17 years old. The room and hotel were very clean and so was the pool and hot tub room. Lake Champlain can be seen in the distance along with the Green Mountains of Vermont from the top floor if you are on the east facing side of the hotel. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. Coffee and tea bar in the lobby is available 24 hr a day serving good quality coffee. Pillows and water were very soft but I got use to it during our 5 night stay. We would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Plattsburgh, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The staff was happy to accomodate requests, friendly and competent. It was very close to SUNY Platttsburgh where I was teaching. I had a wonderful positive feeling when I walked in and the room was phenominal. I stay at a lot of hotels and this one was at the top

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Brooklyn NY, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel - the quality and service should meet anyone's expectations - absolutely nothing to complain about. However - is such a high price really justified?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I were in NY for a weekend getaway to visit som family and to do some sight seeing. This hotel is in a great area. It is close to many beautiful places like Lake Placid and Whiteface mt. We were also given a free drink coupon for UNO's which is right next door to the hotel. They even had a walkway leading to it. After a long day of walking and sight seeing it was awsome to get back and relax to a drink and then back at the hotel to the hot tub. I will deffinitely return to this hotel next summer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Portsmouth, RI
Reviewed August 15, 2013

"Exquisite" might seem a little over the top to describe a chain motel room, but it's the word which came to mind. I arrived without a reservation and was told that only one room was left--a room which normally goes for $200--and I was charged $159. I don't know if the building is new, or if my room had just been rehabbed, or what, but the room appeared to be brand new. It was huge, and included a couch and separate sink areas.The furnishings were in the very best taste, right down to the linen shades on the lamps. The AC/heater was whisper quiet.This may be the best room I've ever had in any hotel, and I've paid up to $600 in the past.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo