All reviews rooms are large within walking distance beds were comfortable continental breakfast front desk fridge tv motel
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Good 3 star hotel. Good continental breakfast. Good staff. Clean room. Good location near shopping and restaurants. Good pool. Price was affordable.

Non-smoking room smelled of smoke. No vacancies so could not change room.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Jonathan S, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thank you for your time and feedback, we're glad you have enjoyed your stay. Best regards!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I checked in for two nights at the last minute here after having traveled extensively in Africa for 2+ weeks. I was exhausted and just needed a place to crash for two days ahead of another flight.

The room was decent enough. AC worked great, beds were good enough. Mostly clean.

Shower and sink did not drain. Lots of people around the room, walking up and down the outside hallways at all hours. Loud place but nothing unmanageable.

My biggest concern was when I went out for the day, I had placed the Do Not Disturb sign on my room. When I got back, there was someone from housekeeping in my room. I showed up and she quickly left and apologized.

I decided to take a nap, so I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door AGAIN. While I was sleeping, I hear a loud knock on the door, "HOUSEKEEPING", and then the key/lock beeped, and the door was attempted to be opened. I had the inside dead bolt locked, so the door sort of slammed again and another beep, and this time the door opened. Having the chain lock on, they couldn't get in.

I jumped up and ran to the door asking the employee if she couldn't see that the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. She apologized saying "Oh, I didn't realize anyone was in here", and almost literally ran off down the hall.

It was a strange experience, for sure.

I doubt I'll use it again because there was just something very unsettling about this particular employee, and some of the other guests were less than reassuring of safety and security.

That said, check in staff and front desk experiences were great. I left without informing the front desk of my departure as I had paid on Expedia already.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Jonathan S, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,
We apologize for any inconveniences you might have experienced during your stay with us. We will look into the issues you have pointed out and address them immediately. We hope that in the future you give us the opportunity to provide you with a much greater stay, one that meets or even exceeds your expectations. We greatly value your time and feedback. Best regards!

Reviewed September 5, 2018

This hotel was booked as a "pit stop" since we had a morning flight out of Plattsburgh airport the next day. So we weren't expecting fancy, just a clean and quiet place to rest for the night.

We were assigned a room on the second floor, and the guests below us had at least three large dogs that were left in the car and were barking all night. Management did nothing to attend to the issue.

As we waited to check out, we observed Sagar, the owner, replying to people on the phone that he was too busy to answer their questions, and that they should call later. What an intelligent business strategy for attracting new clients or retaining current customers!

The next day, I realized that I left (a pricey) article of clothing on the back of the bathroom door at the hotel, so we called the hotel and they claimed that no one brought anything to the lost & found. We kept calling the hotel every other day to see if anyone turned it in and they kept saying no - I asked them to check with the maid. Each time, they told us that they would call back, but calls were never returned.

Upon our return from our flight, we stopped by the hotel where I spoke with Sagar and asked him to check which person was responsible for cleaning our room. He promised to look into it and that he would ask the maid, and that he would personally attend to the situation and then call me to advise me. He went so far as to take my contact information and a description of the item. I should mention that several other customers were behind me, hence the presumed “customer service” response.

Not to my surprise, Sagar nor any other staff member ever called me. I left two additional detailed messages for Sagar , and once again, calls were ignored. So basic outcome: Seven ignored phone calls, but cleaning lady has a new GUESS brand article of clothing.

Although the responsibility lied with me to do a clean sweep of the room before leaving, and to ensure that nothing was left behind, it would have been considerate for management to attend to this matter, and at a bare minimum, to acknowledge and return my phone calls. Clearly customer service is not their priority.

How unfortunate that this inn’s staff and owner are dishonest, disrespectful, lack integrity, and fail miserably for “after sale” service.

HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Jonathan S, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,
We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your stay. We hope that in the future we are given the opportunity to provide you with a stay you deserve. We value your time and feedback. Best regards!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We always stay at Americas Best Value Inn when visiting Plattsburgh..Friendly & attentive staff.We really appreciate the way the front deck staff treat their guests with personal attention and they value and appreciate the loyalty of their guests! Lots of great breakfast choices and NOW including a waffle machine.Great addition guys.The rooms are very clean, spacious and well-maintained. Continue the great work everyone. See you guys soon.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Jonathan S, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thank you for your time and your positive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon. Best regards!

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Needed a stop on our family road trip. The room doubled in cost the week before. We walked up to a shirtless man smoking and ashing into a 40 in front of our room. Door barely closed. Bathroom was not the cleanest. We slept above the sheets, seeing hair when we pulled them back. Did not sleep much. Behind our car was assorted debris covered by a tarp and shopping carts.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Jonathan S, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear guest,
We are sorry to hear you were unhappy to your stay. We will address all issues you have pointed out to insure better quality stays for any future stays, thanks for letting us know. We hope that in the future you give us the opportunity to provide you with the stay that you deserve. Best regards!